Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lovin' the Cousin and the Trilogy of St. Patrick's Day Pics



What a break, what a break. I got a lot accomplished, but not nearly everything I had hoped. That's not a shocker though. That always happens. We did manage to get the house cleaned up, and had dinner plans 3 nights of the five we were here. We visited in Hord for two nights, where I ate my weight in popcorn (the real freshly popped not out of the microwave kind)....both nights. I also got my storage cabinet at school cleaned out, and some other minor things accomplished in room 101.


Things I did NOT accomplish include: Chapter 2 of my master's paper. Oh well. I've got it planned out, and it won't take nearly as long to write as Chapter 1. I'm also a week ahead on assignments for the class, so that should count for some kind of accomplishment. I also had no luck in finding the "it" bedding I've been looking for for Landon's room. This usually happens, that I have in my mind exactly what I want....then I can't find it. I think we have plenty of time. Judging by how sleeping went over break, the boy would prefer just to move into our room and doesn't require a room of his own anyway. He always starts the night off in his bed, but by 2 or 3 has joined us when we just give up and say, what the hey....we gotta sleep. And I put "sleep" in loose terms. One recent morning, when Chad and I awoke disheveled, we played a little game called, "Sleeping with Landon is like...." A couple of the endings we came up with were a starving barracuda and Hurricane Katrina. You get the idea.

Tuesday was of course St. Patty's day, and I, of course, had to take the annual Stella in the Leprechaun hat picture. I'm posting this year's, but the two previous years as well. You just can't beat the first year. That picture is one of my favorites of all time. We also watched Abby on Tuesday. She and Landon mostly just coexisted. They both had their moments demanding attention, but there were also a few moments where they actually seemed to enjoy each other's company as you can clearly see in the above lovey pictures.


We really did enjoy actual spring like weather on our spring break. Tuesday was definitely the nicest day outside. I took the two kiddos for a walk (note: we WILL be purchasing a double stroller....not an effective means of walking while holding on to a two year old AND pushing a stroller) and we blew some bubbles. I'm coming up with a lot of alias names for Stella. My most favorite latest is Princess Wrinkle Cream. After Tuesday though, she earned another name: Over-Zealous Bubble Vacuum. You'll see why. "Oh Man."




3 comments:

Courtney said...

Perhaps a better name for Stella would be B.V.L. Bubble Vacuum Landonater. That was so funny when Landon said, "Oh man!"
I also love the pictures of Abby & Landon. She looks a little bit like Landon to me. Kinda gives us a glimpse of what your future daughter might look like. 8-)

Lindsey said...

Oh my word....hilarious video!

Sherry and Andy said...

So funny! Landon is getting so big!