
"Winter Weather Advisory for Sangamon County. Expect rain with a period of sleet before an accumulation of 2 to 5 inches of snow between the hours of 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Sunday morning." What the?! I formally retract my inapproriately rude statement where I questioned Puxsatawney Phil's weather projections. My deepest apologies, Phil, obviously you do know what you're doing. We did receive the projected 5 inches of snow this morning, and when we awoke, I went to get my camera to capture the insanity to share with you on the blog, and HOLY CRAP! MY CAMERA WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.
I was not happy. The next six hours were spent with me looking in the car, in my bags and then calling the ice center where we spent the evening last night and waiting for the restaurant we ate at to open at 4 so I could call them. It was at the restaurant, amazingly enough. After six hours of worrying about it, I'd pretty much accepted that we were going to have to buy ANOTHER new camera and that the blog was going to be pretty mundane this week. That's how important all you readers are to me: in the midst of this disaster, I was worried about YOU. That's compassion.

The week was a pretty ho-hum one. The girls had their first home soccer game, which they won 5-0. We helped Andrew and Lacy with their wedding invitations on Friday night. Saturday we tried finger painting again and made some improvements. He didn't have a fit over being messy and painted a very lovely "soccer ball." His imagination is really starting to show. He's making his toys talk to each other now, too. Quite entertaining. We also went to Lowe's and looked at lights and then had lunch at McDonald's. We went to the priorly mentioned ice show and watched one of my students skate as a bunny in Snow White. This evenin
g we went to Chad's Mom and Dad's to celebrate Larry, Don, and Brett's birthdays. Happy Birthday Kutscher/Cox men folk! Also, we will be adding another baby to the family by the end of this coming week. Baby Cox will be coaxed out on Friday if she doesn't decide to come out on her own will before then! We can't wait to meet her!
This week will be the beginning of the big Kutscher Kitchen Reno. Dad's coming to do some demo of a wall and to move a doorway mid week. You'd think that shouldn't take too much preparation, but we will need to move the refrigerator and unhook the water line, take some pictures, shelves, a clock, and what not off the living room wall, and rearrange the living room to accomodate a new hole in the wall. And thus begins the destruction and mass chaos that will be our house until late July.
We've been doing better with the potty situation. Saturday morning he went twice in one morning and was dry the whole time we were here....then we left for Lowe's and McDonald's. I think potty training might put a cramp in our style. We're actually going to NEED to stay home to get the job done. Here he is a couple of weeks ago, "hiding" from Daddy on the potty. You know....under a blanket is always a good hiding place. No one can see you under there...hardly.
1 comment:
Thanks for thinking of us. I'm really glad you got your camera back. I would be devistated because of all the pictures I would lose. I'm terrible about getting them off the camera. Speaking of pictures. Don't forget to take some before you start the kitchen craziness. Have a good week!
Post a Comment