ksgiving. We did something this year that we haven't done in the past, and get this....it's kind of an "old" tradition from my side of the family. It's known as "THE COUCH PICTURE." My fam will know exactly what I'm talking about, but if you're on the Kutscher/Cox side and you're reading this, being the bright people you are, you probably have it figured out. Every year, (usually at Christmas with my side) all the kids sit on the couch and we take the beloved couch picture. By the time I was in junior high I think we had out grown the couch, so we all just kind of stood around it, or sat in front of it....but you get the idea. Now that the future generation is really picking up in numbers, I give you the first Kutscher/Cox couch picture. (For readers who don't recognize all of these adorable faces: from left to right Liam, Abigail, Julia, and Landon. Julia and Liam are Chad's cousin's and Abigail is Chad's sister's) I look at Thanksgiving as the official kick off to Christmas. I like the turkey and all the good food, but what I really get
pumped for is this next tradition. Old tradition: putting up the Christmas Tree on Thanksgiving. When I was at home, we usually did this either before we went to Grandma Linda's or in the evening after we came home. Before was the best, because the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade was on. New tradition: You put up the tree whenever you can find time in the jam packed weekend to do so. :) This year we put it up in stages. Wednesday night at about midnight, I had the actual tree put up. Thursday night at about midnight, it was decorated. This will need to be modified when Landon is able to participate in the actual decorating of the tree, but it worked for this year. And here's another new tradition I'm declaring that is somewhat related: Taking Landon and Stella's picture in front of the tree for the Christmas card. I didn't do this last year, because we had family pictures taken in the late fall, so I just used one of those. To the left, is what our Christmas card WILL NOT look like. Curse you Shutterfly and your three day only sales. I tried to force Landon into a picture. He wasn't having it....in his defense he is cutting four teeth right now. Poor Stella. If that look doesn't say, "Get me the heck out of here" I don't know what does. I don't think this picture would adequately spread holiday cheer.
Friday we headed to Mom and Dad's. We had dinner with Grandpa and Grandma on Friday night, and at Grandma Linda's on Saturday night. Landon climbed up the ladder a few dozen times "helping" Dad hang Christmas lights. (This would be a great tradition to keep up, but with the weather, who knows) Uncle Michael and Grandpa pulled Landon on the pedal tractor up and down the drive way, which is becoming a tradition of EVERY trip home we make. We all enjoyed Michael's Wii. Landon even did some bowling and Mario Kart driving. (well, he held t
he controllers and thought he was). We saw Grandma Linda, the Koester Klan, Uncle Bob, Uncle John, Aunt Rhonda, Krista, and Nikki, and we met baby Layla for the first time. She is a cutie. She was having a bad
tummy ache, but I sympathize.

No comments:
Post a Comment