Sunday, November 23, 2008

Has Anyone Seen My ____?


Oh the weather, it is a changin'. :) We have a mountain of leaves in our backyard....that we moved there from our front yard. It really happened because of lack of time to totally clean them up, but both Landon and Stella have found them entertaining this week.

And oh the boy, he is a growin'. :) Is there any clearer sign of a grown boy than one sitting on the potty reading the paper? I think not. I promise not to take a picture of Chad reading the sports page on the big boy potty for next week, but couldn't pass this one up. We're not making very consistent headway on the potty issue, but he did manage to go today. It took him an hour and a half, but EVERYONE was relieved when he went since he hadn't gone since Friday. It was ugly. I'll spare you anymore details.


Now on to a small rant...

I'm growing a little concerned. I'm not sure what's happened to me. Those of you who have known me for awhile know that I'm pretty much an organized person. I mean I'm not a genius or anything. I can't do fancy schmancy equations, like someone else from my gene pool (MICHAEL :) ), I'm not very informed on politics normally or world events. I got like a 17 I think on the science part of my ACT. (That was by far my lowest score by the way...just thought I'd throw that in before you start wondering how I managed an academic scholarship) But I seriously pride myself on having my act together. Renee, Sara, and Lura (my college roomies) sometimes referred to me as the Monica of the apartment. I liked things clean, and everything had a place. I still want to be like that, (not as OCD as Monica....but organized) but for many reasons, I feel like I'M LOSING IT.....LITERALLY. Below is a list of things that I have spent longer than five minutes looking for this week.

1. Landon's Cars Ball: He has probably about 23 balls in this house, but none of those would do on Friday...had to be the Cars Ball. I looked all over this house for that stinkin' thing. Finally found it, under the desk in the computer room. Did I put it there? Definitely not. But I guess now that I'm a mother it's my responsibility to know where things are that I did not touch last. No one tells you that before you become a mother. Consider this a warning childless friends.

2. A twenty dollar bill that I misplaced THREE TIMES in one day. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

3. The remote for the television. This is a given. Happens on a daily basis....and again, am I the one even watching the television. NOPE. WHEN would I EVER have time to do that?!

4. My cell phone. Now this one is solely my fault....no one else even touches this thing. I think this is directly related to the fact that I have so many bags that I carry on a regular basis: my everyday purse, my big purse when I have Landon with me, my school bag that carries my lap top, my school bag that carries my other books and papers, Landon's bag that I carry when I'm leaving him somewhere and he requires his own stuff....you get the idea. No wonder I can't remember which bag I left what in. My cell phone is not the only thing that gets lost in the bag shuffle. I have no idea where my lipsticks are either. I throw caution to the wind and just put on whatever color is whatever bag I have in whatever vehicle I'm in whenever I manage to get buckled in to wherever it is I'm going. That's a lot of whatever/whenever/wherevers.

5. My prescription cream for my exzema. Still can't find it....still have cracking gross knuckles.

And really the mother of all of these problems is really starting to bite me. Late this summer, before school started, I somehow managed to lose the remote garage door opener to my side of the garage. Yeah, it's bugged me since then that whenever I pull in the driveway, I have to open Chad's side with his opener and then get out of my car to walk in the garage and push my side's button, get back in my car to pull in. And yeah, it's bugged me that whenever I leave the house I have to open Chad's side, back out of the garage, come back in the garage and lower my side, and get back in my car to lower his. But I haven't had to do this when its 14 degrees outside, until this week. Not cool, man. Not cool.

I don't know how to solve this problem. Do I need to be on some sort of medication? Do I need to buy those little pager remotes and put them on EVERYTHING I own? Neither of those options sound too promising. Here's a small video of another girl I know who has lost something very important to her. If you get motion sickness, be warned. The camera operator here isn't too smooth. :) After this are two more vids of the week: Landon trying some buffalo chicken pizza and giving his grandmas some juicy kisses.







3 comments:

Bob and LouAnne said...

One of your best efforts yet! I lose all those things too, except for the cars ball.

Courtney said...

I really do feel sorry for you, because we BOTH know that I'm WAY less organized than you and I don't have a kid to blame it on. (I GOTTA get me one of those!) I'm just wondering about the garage door opener...Why would it've been out of your car in the first place? What would you have been doing with it out of the car? Maybe these questions will track down the silly thing. Good luck. Going out in the cold every morning stinks. (Says she whose husband's stinkin' Maverick sits in our garage!) 8-)

Rebecca Mohler said...

Laney is a big fan of Landon's. She burst out into quite the squeal when we watched the pizza clip. Have a great Thanksgiving.