
What a week/weekend. Let's see, we had three days of school with the kids. These few days were jammed pack full. We of course had some things to do to prepare for parent teacher conferences (which is why we only had class three days.) We also learned abou the election, and held a mock election complete with a voting booth. It's funny to hear the kids' take on politics. There was some rumor spreading like wildfire through the first grade that if John McCain were elected, no one would be allowed to play sports. Hmmm.....was that on the over of US Weekly? I missed that one. We also had to decorate our entry tree for the Festival of Trees. This year's theme was a winter garden. I pain stakingly planned these adorable ornaments that were ladybugs and butterflies wearing ear muffs. It should've been about a seven day project, but we did it in 2 and a half. Seriously, there are days that I myself think I'm insane. After surviving 20 parent teacher conferences in two days, Ifinally broke down and went to the doctor since I've had this whatever I have since Abby was born....They decided it's a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics. Thanks. Three days later, I hope I don't lose a lung before they really start to kick in. End of insane part of the week.....onto relaxation.
Saturday morning we dropped Landon and Stella off at Larry and Chris' house. They're a package deal, the boy and the dog. If you watch Landon, you get Stella, too. That really cuts down on our prospective weekend sitters. Chad and I went to St. Louis and shopped all day Saturday, and then Saturday night we went out downtown with Andy and Sherry. I, amidst all my packing, for this one night trip, failed to bring my camera along. I'm adding a picture from about 4 New Yearses ( ;) I know
that's not a word) of Andy and Chad. Humor me and pretend it's from this weekend. We ate dinner at this restraurant called The SkyBox, which is owned by Nelly (the rapper), Marshall Faulk, and two other professional St.Louis athletes whom I don't remember. Let's just say it's a good thing these guys aren't counting on this restaurant to pay their bills. Service was BIG TIME lacking. We then went out to a couple of bars on the Landing. Two major questions regarding this outing: 1) Was the music really that loud when we were in college? I mean, geez, my ears are still ringing. :( I know....I know....please don't comment on age. 2) Hey Missouri, we have this thing in Illinois called a smoking ban, get on board. If being at your establi
shment means I have to dry clean my coat after I leave, eh, I think I'll pass.
that's not a word) of Andy and Chad. Humor me and pretend it's from this weekend. We ate dinner at this restraurant called The SkyBox, which is owned by Nelly (the rapper), Marshall Faulk, and two other professional St.Louis athletes whom I don't remember. Let's just say it's a good thing these guys aren't counting on this restaurant to pay their bills. Service was BIG TIME lacking. We then went out to a couple of bars on the Landing. Two major questions regarding this outing: 1) Was the music really that loud when we were in college? I mean, geez, my ears are still ringing. :( I know....I know....please don't comment on age. 2) Hey Missouri, we have this thing in Illinois called a smoking ban, get on board. If being at your establi
shment means I have to dry clean my coat after I leave, eh, I think I'll pass.Today we got up and went to lunch, and then guess what? How did you know? We went shopping again! Snaps to Chad for being the best husband shopper ever. He really is, I'm not being sarcastic. We did some major Christmas shopping this weekend. Today we spent over an hour in Toys 'R Us. I didn't know this about Chad until today, but he's one of those kids :) who push every button on every toy in the aisle. Button pushing aside, I must say, I'm really looking forward to Christmas with Landon this year. It will be so much more fun than last year. Here's a picture from last year, with Landon and his Rudolph hat...made by yours truly. If anyone is interested, I'm thinking of whipping some of these up and trying to sell them for extra Christmas spending money. I mean really, who doesn't need a Rudolph hat?
Alrighty, so here's the video of the week. It's a little long, and maybe I'll be the only one impressed with Landon's story telling abilities, but I thought it was a hoot. Notice him licking his fingers to turn two pages stuck together. I mean, is there anything this kid doesn't pay attention to? Okay, so here's Landon's rendition of "The Napping House."
1 comment:
I must say, he is a better reader than some of my 7th and 8th graders. :) I totally got what he was sayin.
Post a Comment