
It's not been a very eventful week at the Kutscher house, but boy has it been a busy one. What else is new right? Chad had games AT McKendree, AT Mt. Pulaski, and AT Athens all during the week this week. Here is a rare photo of him home before Landon went to bed one night this week. It was also an equally busy week in first grade. We practiced sequencing and made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and had guest readers from the Oral Com. class at the high school. We were big time this week.

Saturday Landon endured some shopping. I had some errands to run and our first stop was next to a McDonald's. Landon's only been to McDonald's twice in his lifetime, but he shouted "McDonalds! McDonalds!" with such excitement that I promised him lunch there if he was a good boy. He of course was, so he had french fries for lunch, and that's about it. He likes the "chicky" but only will eat it when french fries are a reward. So we do a one bite of "chicky"/two french fries rotation. I think he may have had one whole chicken select. Also, I feel like I should mention that I don't allow my child to wear this shirt often, because you just never know who you're going to see out. I've found though that most people who would think it's inappropriate, don't really get it anyway. If you're one of those people who don't get it, it's a quote from a movie, Along Came Polly. I'm not really THAT liberal of a parent, even though one would think so from the content on this blog.
We've hit the potty thing really hard this weekend, because Landon started to show a little more interest, since he went one random time last week and I pumped him full of M & M's. Hey, whatever it takes. Diapers are expensive...way more expensive than M & M's. So he went #1 twice on Saturday, and once today and he even did a #2 this morning! We're working it, feelin' the flow. It's just hard because it takes him a good half hour to do anything on there. Normally, he doesn't really mind sitting there too much, as long as you're sitting there with him and reading books, but we just don't have a spare half hour in the morning to sit in there with him. We'll see if we can get LaVella in on our efforts this week. Any tips from experienced potty trainers are welcome on the comment page.

We also had a cook out Saturday night at the Kutschers for Aunt Connie's birthday. (Landon's got Aunt Connie on the brain, as you'll hear in the video this week) Here's something you haven't seen....Landon in a football helmet. Chad's hoping you won't see it much in the future either. There was a little gleam of pride in Uncle Stallion's eye though, especially when Landon said, "Da Bears."
I'll close with a video I've entitled, "Pancakes and Politics, By: Landon," from our breakfast table this morning. Landon is a huge fan of Barack Obama. We're not sure why, but it's really funny to hear him say. This whole thing came about because Obama was on television when the whole campaign started and Landon asked, "What's that?" and we said, "Barack Obama." The next day, he was watching TV on our bed and Obama was on again. When I made him get down because we were leaving, he was crying, "No! No! I wanna see Barack Obama!" Which if I would've videoed that you would've definitely seen it. It'd probably be on some Obama campaign site. For some reason though, this morning Landon said he liked "John Cain." I think he's part of the percentage of Americans that fall under the "Undecided" category.
No comments:
Post a Comment