Sunday, October 26, 2008

One Blog-Tastic Week!

Welcome to the world, Baby Girl!

On Wednesday, October 22 at 1:31 p.m. we welcomed into our family Abigail Christine Mehring. Much to everyone's surprise, she weighed 7 lbs and a half of an ounce and was 20 inches long. I guess that's to be expected since she was early, but who would've thought that Landon would ever be bigger than a Mehring baby. I give Abby two weeks before she passes Landon up on the growth charts and percentages. And judging by the way this girl's eating, it may not even take two weeks....right Kell? Landon was very excited to meet "Baby Girl," but of course wasn't allowed in the room...only siblings. Here's a picture of Uncle Stallion showing Landon pictures of Baby Girl at the hospital, and a picture of proud Uncle Chad.



Baby Abby came home on Friday, and Saturday evening, we all got to hold her for the first time. All of us except for Landon, who was not interested in the least. The most attention he paid to her was on our way out the door. He did manage to give her a kiss on the top of her head and tell her bye. We caught part of it on video. You'll be getting lots of Baby Abby updates here, but for more details and pictures, you can see her on her own blog....The Mehring Family...a link on the right side bar. :)










Now you can't top that for a blog story. No way no how. This doesn't hold a candle to the arrival of our first niece and cousin, but there's more blog news to report. Landon and Charli wore their Halloween costumes in the Springfield Moms costume contest downtown on Saturday....and won....first place. They're pretty dang cute. Highlights of the day, aside from raking in a $40 gift card to Toys'R Us:

We met Curious George. Landon was pretty impressed. He said "Hi George. Love your books." (with prompting) Charli tolerated George for awhile, but was not as entertained as Landon. When you're 9 months old, I bet a giant monkey wearing a red shirt is probably a little frightening.


We also saw a ton of cute costumes. Second place in our group went to Baby Elvis. He was probably about 5 to 6 months old and was dressed in complete Elvis attire. Very cute. I'd put a picture on, but didn't get a close up one where you could see.


And I guess you could call this a highlight, but it's mostly just a weird happening. We had a group of 8 foreign ladies practically accost our wagon and take individual pictures with their heads peeking between the birds and their fingers flashing the peace sign. After hearing "one more" about five times, I finally put my foot down, and said "okay, last one," and firmly pulled our nest onward. There will probably be pictures of our birds on some blog in China. Can't say that I blame the ladies. The birds were pretty much a hoot and a half.

In soccer news, we whooped Peoria Christian Friday night 4-0. We play Monticello on Tuesday, and if we win we head to the state tournament. If that happens, the soccer team better be prepared to fork out some goodies for trick or treat, because we're hitting every room in our costume. I leave you with a video of the birds during their final fitting.



2 comments:

Courtney said...

Loved the blog, as usual. Congrats on being an aunt! It is the best!!! I love spoiling my nieces & nephews! Abby is beautiful.
I must add that you look very pretty in your picture with Abby...and very thin! What have you done?

Lindsey said...

Great blog - you're right, it was a blog-tastic week at your house! I'm sorry I haven't called you back yet. Don't worry about Saturday - it would have been cool if it had worked out but was a lot of coordination to figure out in two days. Have a great rest of the week!