Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Weekend of Spoiling and One Big Spill


After spending the weekend at mom and dad's and being at grandpa and grandma's for a few hours, I don't think Landon is going to farm when he gets older. This is as close to the combine as he felt comfortable, and it was very short lived. Machinery is much too loud for him. He can point out tractors and big trucks 'til the cows come home when we're in the car, but doesn't want to be near one while it's running and DEFINITELY doesn't want to be IN one. The wagon that hooks to the lawnmower may be more his speed....but only if it's not hooked up to the lawnmower. Lawnmowers are loud, too, ya know.


We had a lovely weekend though. I had a list of things to accomplish while we were at mom and dad's. I got quite a few of them done, with mom's help of course. Major things on the list of accomplishments:

1. Landon's Halloween costume is complete. No pictures to post this time. I'm going to leave you in suspense, and just say that he'll be the cutest blue bird on the block as long as he leaves the stinkin' thing on long enough for a picture.

2. I started working on leveling my library of my classroom...a huge undertaking. I could be blogging about that six months from now and still not be done.

3. I caught up on grading and posting my grades.

4. I finally had time to sit down and pluck my eyebrows and file my nails....I know...not as important, but boy do I feel better now.

5. Most importantly: spend time with family I hadn't seen for quite awhile!


As I mentioned, we saw Grandpa and Grandma Nees Friday evening and Saturday morning. After a morning of running around the farm, picking pears, and climbing a tree, Land-O took a 3 and a half hour nap! (I probably should mention he slept very little the night before as well. He doesn't normally nap three hours) Farming can wear a guy out, even if you're just watching the combine from the house.




Today we saw Grandma Linda, Aunt Lori, Baleigh, Uncle John and Aunt Rhonda before heading home. And this evening we went to the Thomas' house for a weenie roast...Landon's first! We were very excited! However, after being at the Thomas' house for about ten minutes, Landon tripped and fell in their yard and cracked his head on an enormouse tree root, which evidently didn't give much. I reference exhibit A and the goose egg in the middle of the child's forehead. That's what you call bad luck. Bob and Mel probably won't want to have us over again for fear of us scaring all of the little people at the party with our screaming.













So every night before Landon eats his dinner, we say the "Come Lord Jesus" prayer. We've been doing that since the beginning of the summer. Landon usually chimes in on the last word of every phrase, and does his "A-Men!" and ends with a clap like the break of huddle. This week, I gave him a bowl of ice cream after he finished his dinner, since he ate so well. He proceeded to fold his hands and say his whole prayer all by himself. I said, "Hey! I didn't know you knew the whole thing! Can you do it again?" and got the camera. Here it is....(Translation: Come Lord Jesus, be our guest. Let this food to us be blessed. Amen") I guess ice cream inspires all kinds of thankfulness. I don't blame him.



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's the cutest prayer I've ever seen!

Bob and LouAnne said...

Too cute. I think dessert inspires him to be thankful!

Kickin' It With The Koesters said...

Kisses from Carbondale on that Boo-Boo! First the fingers, then the noggin - rough day for Land-O!