Well, it's happened. I've hit the wall where I'm ready for soccer season to be over. It happens later and later each season, so Chad's hopeful that in a couple of years, I can make it all the way through the season without having a break down where smoke comes out my ears and I yell at him over something stupid like not unloading the dishwasher. I did pretty well this year, considering I've been especially busy with adjusting to my new job and keeping up with a mobile toddler.We went out to dinner with the team Friday night. Last year the night before our first play off game, we had them over to our house for dinner. This year I wasn't up for it, for several reasons. The biggest one being our basement is a DISASTER area. Since we had the leaking ceiling, dishwasher problem, part of the wall is torn out and hasn't been fixed, because we haven't been home long enough to take care of it. And of course the dog has been running rampant down there and since I haven't had time to vacuum it everyday it's really disgusting. Add to the mix, the time it requires to cook a meal for 20 some high school boys, and clean the house from top to bottom....we ended up at a restaurant. Saturday we had our first play off game and we won 5 - 0. We play Tuesday, and when we win that game, (which Chad will be mad that I'm assuming we're going to win, but let's be honest, we're gonna) we'll play Friday, and then Tuesday again, before we make it to state tournament. I'll keep you posted.
In school news, I had the best creative moment of my life at school last week. I d
ecided to take pictures of my first grader's mouths and print them out to make jack-o-lanterns. They're hilarious. Here's my favorite. It's actually a little scary. First graders have perfect mouths for jack-o-lanterns, believe me. They live to gross me out with their wiggly teeth. And while we're on the subject, I have to say that the tooth fairy must be living pretty high on the hog when she's giving out twenty dollar bills for teeth. I mean, are you serious?! I guess the tooth fairy assigned to the area of Hord wasn't quite as wealthy. 
Landon is doing pretty well with the potty thing. He's gone every morning this week, and today he went after nap time too. Here's the trick....I put the potty in front of the TV so he can watch PlayHouse Disney in the morning. Is that cheating? I'm gonna say no. Whatever it takes to get the kid out of diapers. That's my mantra. If we can do it before he's even two, what the heck, why wouldn't we?
Tonight we had a belated birthday celebration for Chad's mom. The video below is from tonight, too. You'll hear two of Landon's most recent favorite phrases:"Hey____ come here!" and "1-2-3!" This usually comes before he jumps off something or throws something across the room. Tonight was a little safer. He did require nearly every family member in attendance to "come here" and "watch me." Like no one ever does that anyway. :) Poor kid doesn't get any attention.
Good Luck Rockets!
Good Luck Rockets!
No comments:
Post a Comment