
So, it's officially Fall now....my favorite season. The signs are everywhere on Mishawaka Drive. Pictured here are two leaves from our Magnolia tree (I believe it is anyway) in our front yard. One must take in these sights from inside though to truly enjoy them...I got in my car on my way to work this week, and the morning show that I used to listen to a whole lot more when I had a 30 minute commute was on. They were playing a game entitled, "What Does Springfield Smell Like?" and it caught my attention because I had noticed a less than pleasing stench hanging in the air of late. Most people were calling in and describing the smell.....a dog park full of German Shepherds on a day where it's 110 degrees, throw up, you get the idea. And then a lady called in and explained what the smell was. I guess since we got so much rain when the last hurricane went through (okay...I have to stop here, because how often do people in the Mid-West get to talk about the effects of a hurricane for crying out loud?!?! Is this one of those El Nino patterns messing with us or what? anyway, back to the sentence) and we got all that rain, the rivers and lakes flooded, obviously. So now that the water is receding, all the plants that the floods drowned out are rotting....and STINKING TO HIGH HEAVEN. All I have to say is, boy does Fall LOOK beautiful or what?
So we've had a pretty mundane week here. We've all been sick. Landon had a pukey flu bug and Chad and I both had headaches and sore throats all week. I recovered by Thursday, only to wake up on Friday to feeling awful again. I had such a bad headache yesterday that I couldn't even sit up without feeling like I was going to be sick, so it was pretty much a fun day for everyone. I'm up now, as you can clearly see, but still not feeling so perky. I'm hoping you can excuse my feeble attempt at a blog, and hope for something way better next week. Friday was even Homecoming for the Rockets. You'd think I'd have pictures to post from that, but oh no. Because I, for some reason, have this horrible reocurring problem that involves forgetting to put the stinkin' memory stick back in my camera after loading pictures on the computer. I'll put it on my list of things to work on. Next week will be a better blog....I promise. Here's a random video clip of Landon eating his mac and cheese at dinner tonight, speaking a little French, and talking about Daddy's tractor.
2 comments:
He is so flippin' cute, I can't stand it! We need to get our two kids together soon. I'm sure we would have many stories to tell after that playdate!
I just saw that you are going to Efingham the weekend of the 12th! Let me know when you are going to be at G-Grandma's house. Baleigh and I will come too!
Love you!
Post a Comment