Well we pulled off the big surprise. Chad was clueless about his party until we pulled into the parking lot. He asked about a couple of people's cars and why they would be at the "Stephen's Anniversary Party." And then as I was opening the door for him to go in, he said, "Hey...isn't that your mom and dad's car?" I pretended I didn't hear him. It was a few seconds after that he realized this wasn't a party for the Brian and Kelley Stephens. :) Surprise! I think everyone had a good time, so the par
ty was a hit. Bill, Elaine, Andy and Sherry even made the drive down to help us celebrate. Although I think Aunt Connie and Heather and "Michael Michael Michael" get the award for making the longest drive. (that's what Landon calls Uncle Michael) Previous to the big par-tay, I had four days of new teacher orientation this week, which went really well but was extremely overwhelming to say the least. There was a lot of paperwork, rules, handbooks, contracts, release forms, etc. etc. etc. And it seemed like the whole time I was there, I was trying not to think about Chad's party and to focus on school. When I was at home, I was trying not to think about school and to focus on getting ready for the party. I was a little on edge this week. Now I'm focusing on SCHOOL....and getting a TB test, going to a teacher luncheon, getting a sitter for an engagement party, making food for a picnic with kids from the sitter....yeah....WHY does everything happen at the
SAME TIME?!?!
Mom, Dad and Michael were here for the weekend as well. Michael brought Landon's only cousin (until October), Oliver, whom we had to save from being killed by the slobber monster we call our DOG. Stella is adding a lot of stress to my life of late. Cleaning up after her as always stressed me out, but with all this other stuff to do and think about, I feel like the only time I ever pay an ounce of attention to her is to complain or yell at her about being under my feet, and/or slobbering on the walls, floors, our son and whatever else is in her path. I feel like a horrible pet parent, and I am extremely FRUSTRATED. If you have any suggestions that wo
uld be for the good of all parties involved, I'd love to hear them. Pictured here is Landon getting a hair cut from his personal stylist, MawMaw.
This evening we we
nt to Larry and Chris' house and made a dent in the party left overs. I think we'll be eating cake for a few more days though....how that breaks my heart. ;) Aunt Judy, a blog fanatic, bought Landon a bible book. Here Landon is reading it to her. We sang again to the boys, so that's your video of the week.
T minus 7 days and counting until the first day of school. My room is still quite a disaster area and I'm starting to feel a little tense about getting it done in time. I hope that this time next week, I'm not throwing things in random closets and cabinets trying to make it look like a classroom instead of a junk hole. I'll keep you updated. Have a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment