Well, that's it I guess. Summer is officially over. Not that it's a bad thing. I'm ready for more structure and a routine. Good thing, because that's what I'm getting. :) I've been working very hard on my classroom all week this week. I know I said I'd put up pictures, but it's not done. Shocking isn't it? The kids don't come until Wednesday, so I have two more days. It will be ready in time for them, but it didn't make the Sunday night blog deadline. I'll put up some pictures next week. I'm sure you're all VERY excited.
Chad had his alumni
soccer game at McKendree last night, so it was just Landon and I. We were lucky enough to have Kristi, a friend who I will be teaching with this year, come and hang out with us. Landon did the same thing he did while Chad was gone to Toronto...went to bed fine, 10 minutes later though he was screaming at the top of his lungs, "I want to see Daddy!" Long story short, the kid was up until 11:30. It's all turned out for the best though, because he still got up at 8 like he normally does, but wanted an early nap. So after dinner tonight he was cashed out. Here you can see the Going, Going, Gone picture
sequence. It's pitiful but this was the only time I had the camera out this week. I've been a little preoccupied with setting up my room.
Chad had his alumni
soccer game at McKendree last night, so it was just Landon and I. We were lucky enough to have Kristi, a friend who I will be teaching with this year, come and hang out with us. Landon did the same thing he did while Chad was gone to Toronto...went to bed fine, 10 minutes later though he was screaming at the top of his lungs, "I want to see Daddy!" Long story short, the kid was up until 11:30. It's all turned out for the best though, because he still got up at 8 like he normally does, but wanted an early nap. So after dinner tonight he was cashed out. Here you can see the Going, Going, Gone picture
sequence. It's pitiful but this was the only time I had the camera out this week. I've been a little preoccupied with setting up my room.

Pictured here: the good 'ol days when Landon liked his crib....One day this week he woke up from a nap, and as I was opening the door to his room, he had one of his feet on top of the top rail of his crib. The kid's a monkey. I'm a little concerned about this whole situation, mostly for safety reasons, but also because it's just another thing that makes my baby not a baby anymore. Boo-Hoo. Who's the baby now? ;) He doesn't seem old enough for this! I'm not sure how we will progress with the transition from crib to toddler bed, but I do know it's not even beginning to happen until at least the end of September....or until he climbs out I guess and I HAVE to put him in a different bed or fashion a lid for his crib. :)
Since I didn't pick up the camera this week, I loaded a video from July. We had just finished putting up the swing set. Landon is a pro at sliding. Stella.....um....she kind of slid I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment