Sunday, January 1, 2017

Wait. WHO Won the World Series in 2016?

Get that adorable smile off your face Annie.  We're not happy about this.  Okay, okay.  We ARE happy FOR them...but that's where the happiness ends.  I seriously wanted to root for the Cubs this season once our Red Birds were out.  And in my mind, I WAS....but while watching the games, anytime something didn't go their way, I felt myself silently cheering.  Ugh.  The mind was willing but the heart just couldn't take it.

And here's the summary of the Cubs win at our house....
It was late.
There was a sleeping baby.
I warned Scott that under no circumstances was he allowed to be loud enough to wake the baby.  So at the last out, he did his 'Mom Jean' walk all around the kitchen...Bit his fist a few times...
Picked up his phone to text his dad...something very eloquent that I won't publish on the blog...
And then posed for this picture with Chad.
....and then later that week we went to dinner and decked Annelise out in her Cardinal wear (more hand me downs from Coppernolls) because we can't have this child confused about where our allegiances lie.  And congrats Cub fans....happy for ya.  And now the season is over and we're thinking about next year.

No comments: