Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mr. Q. Gets Married

This is one of the events from Grant's kindergarten year that makes kindergarten so memorable.  :)
Grant was chosen to be Mr. Q. in the Q and U wedding....a grand event in kindergarten each year.  If you're a seasoned blog reader, you may remember Landon was also Mr. Q., and getting him to perform the part actually was not one of my prouder parenting moments.  When I told Chad about Grant being Mr. Q. he said, 'didn't this cost you a Wii Game when Landon did this.'  I said he should just keep that on the down low and for his information, I DIDN'T bribe Landon, I just MOTIVATED him.  That's what I told myself to live with it anyway....and by the way that $50 Skylanders Wii game what not thing....yeah, total waste.  He played it maybe 3 times.  (eye roll)  So I employed Landon on my side to tell Grant the news....told him to play it up, that it's a really big deal and he was so lucky, yada yada yada.  And it went REALLY well.  

Until...

I told him a few days before that his friend Kami was going to be Mrs. U.  Grant really likes Kami, and Kami REALLY likes Grant.  Like...REALLY likes Grant...like has told her parents what kind of flowers she wants at her wedding to Grant and that they will live with her parents, and when she's old enough to wear jewelry like Mommy wears her name will be Kami Kutscher.  :)  :)  :)    So when I told Grant that Kami was going to be Mrs. U one morning on the way to school, and Landon reinforced the, 'this isn't a big deal....remember it's Mr. Q and Mrs. U getting married, not you) he took it in stride.  
Until...
We walked in the gym, where all the teachers' kids wait in the morning and Kami made a bee line for him, and said something to the effect of, 'Grant!  Grant!  Only two days til our wedding day!' and Grant's gaze turned from Kami to me in slow motion with a gaze of betrayal that I will never forget. (and I tried my hardest NOT to roll on the floor laughing)

Regardless....the boy took it in stride and made a very debonair Mr. Q....although when it was over he said he was trying his hardest not to cry while they walked down the aisle.  












Miss Tasker making some repairs on Q
The wedding party

The wedding party with the officiant (Mrs. Keller's last Q and U wedding, sniffle, sniffle)



The happy couple

Mother of the groom...and preggo??!?!??!  Wait just a gosh darn minute here!!!
So proud of my little guy...who isn't so little anymore.  

No comments: