Saturday, October 11, 2014

Chicago Fire Game

We took the boys to Chicago for a night for a little pre-school get away since we didn't do a 'vacation' this year.  We decided to take them to a Chicago Fire game for the first time.  Before the game started, we hit up the little pre game carnival area.  Landon was gung ho to play in this miniature soccer game area.  We let him get in line, and then the over protective Mom (which was NOT in ANY way helped by the whole Summer 2009 Kidney Removal/Cancer issue) in me thought it MAY not be a fabulous idea to allow my four foot nothin' child to play soccer in an enclosed area with children who are all easily a foot taller than him.  
Me to Chad:  Do you think this is a good idea?  I don't think this is a good idea.  Do you think we should ask him again if he REALLY wants to do this?  I think you should ask him if he REALLY wants to do this"

Chad to Me:  He wants to do it.  I'm not going to ask him again if he wants to do it.  

Me to Me:  Chill. Chad's right.  As always.  He's fine.  He's fine.  He's going to be fine.
Oh my Lord.  He's going to get flattened.  I don't know if I can watch.  

 ...and he goes in...scores two goals...acts like a little adult and runs circles around the kids a foot plus taller than him.  How I love this boy and his heart and go get em attitude.


 Benji Hoya (aka Lassie Georgetown...as I named him) autographing jerseys



No comments: