Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Beard


I have been trying to talk Chad into a beard for several winters.  I finally managed to sweet talk him enough this year for him to try it.  When he returned to school it was quite the topic of conversation.  From what I've heard, students were voting for and against the beard, it was discussed amongst staff members, and this picture appeared on several Rocket Twitter feeds.  One of Chad's former players came to visit and took the picture to send to another former player and boom....it's all over.  I got such a giggle out of it, it's on here.  There ya go kids, let this be a lesson to you...you never know where your stuff ends up when you put it out there.  Wow.  I'm old.  Crap.  

Okay, so here's someone who doesn't fear the beard.  Miss Brinley Sue who at her cousin Caleb's 4th birthday party, let EVERYONE know at the party she wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with me, but was a big fan of the man with a beard.  I was a little scarred by this honestly.  :(  I agree with you though Brinley.  He's pretty charming...even though in the picture, you don't look so charmed.  She's mean muggin me.  :(  :(  :(  
On another note, Caleb is the fastest gift opener in the west, folks.  I mean, I've never seen someone tear through presents like this kid can.  Wowzers!
The gift that got the best reaction was the Despicable Me 2 characters he got from Grandpa and Grandma, that Landon gave Aunt Deanna some hard core questioning about.  Long story short, they bought them for Grant for Christmas, Grant got two, Deanna bought them back from us and gave them to Caleb for his birthday, and Landon was questioning the re-gifting.  'Let me get this straight.  You gave those to Grant....then took them back and gave them to Caleb?!'  Sorry Aunt Deanna.  Manners lesson addressed following party.  Check.

Cake time with the cousins!
Brinley, making her way through.  Hey people, I can't see here.  :)


Time for the traditional singing, and apparently our new tradition with the birthday song, Sophia lifting her shirt.  Kelly and Scott...you're gonna need to address this in future years if it continues.  ha!
Make a wish!
Mommies serving cake and trying to make everyone happy with character requests.

This boy and his screens.  Ugh.  Grandma snuggle time is always a must though.
Thank GOODNESS we got to take dinner to the Fords the following day and I got my baby snugglin' fix from the brand new and very precious Landree Jane.  It made the sting of Brinley's rejection a little less severe.

Landon loved holding Landree...he was a little unsure at first.  hehe!

But then they had a little talk about how they're name buddies AND birthday buddies.
So sweet.
Welcome to the world Sweet Girl, and Congrats Ford Fam!!




No comments: