Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jesus' Fist Bump with God Day

So while putting Landon to bed Good Friday, I say

'we should say and extra special thank you for Jesus because it's Easter.  You know what that means right?'

Landon:  'yeah.  it's the day they killed Jesus on that cross and then they put him in that cave, but when they came back he wasn't there.'

Me: 'that's right...and where was he.'

Landon:  'he was in heaven with God.  You know (pauses and looks off as visualizing) I bet when he got up there, he just walked up to God and gave him a fist bump, and was like 'Heeeey, Dad' (insert Fonz voice here)

Seriously.  This kid.  I laughed out loud.  I hope I get to give God a fist bump one of these days.  Earlier in the week after we got Panera take out he asked if he could eat my bread because it would make him feel like he was in Bible times.  Crack up!!

Landon got a Skylander in his basket, some Animaniacs DVDs, and his first Captain Underpants book.  Grant got a DS game, an 80s Cartoon DVD, and some David books.  I was all excited Easter morning because we decided to have the Easter Bunny tell the boys about some exciting news.  The bunny hid eggs with clues in them and Landon put the clues in order, flipped them over and read 'you are going to Disney World.'  Of course we thought the boys would be pumped.  Turns out, not so much.

Landon started CRYING!  "Don't make me go!  I don't wanna go there!"  WHA WHA?!?  We finally got out of him it was because there are hurricanes in Florida.  Then Dad says, 'you're afraid of a hurricane?!  Well you live in Tornado Alley!'  I thought Mom was gonna knock him down.  Oh my.  It was a spectacle I tell ya.  We have it on video for safe keeping.  After Landon expressed his displeasure...I asked Grant if he wanted to go meet Goofy.  He also gave an adamant no.  Easter Monring:  Epic Fail.











nothing clears up tears like powdered sugar donuts though...at least there was that.  
We made it to early church which was impressive if I do say so myself.  Here are the boys and Baleigh on the couch at MawMaw's after church.
and some family pics...


Grandma and Grant reading...and Aunt Lori and Grant checking out something on her phone.

Me and my squirrely bird

and Grant tormenting Curious George..

Maddie!!!  You made it to MawMaw's!
...and after the drive back to Rochester, which the boys and I saw NONE of because we were OUT...(thank goodness for our driver!)  We spent some time with the Kutscher/Cox/Small Fams at Aunt Deanna's. Kids on the couch!  Kids on the couch!  It's getting more difficult to FIT the Kids on the Couch!

Happy Easter!! 

No comments: