Sunday, August 19, 2012

No More Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed

So while the Stoelzle Fam was here Julie and I decided to run out and do a couple hours of shopping...and upon our return we were greeted by injury.  Apparently the kids decided they should jump on our bed.  (which I agree is extremely tempting because it's so big and squishy) and Landon's front teeth took on Scott's head.  Fortunately Scott didn't have a mark on him...which is super hard to believe...and it was even harder for me to believe when I looked at Landon's teeth (yikes).  His gums were EEEEEWWW gross swollen and bleeding.  I thought they'd look better by morning, but they didn't.  And fortunately is regular dental check up was scheduled the following day.  They gave us the down low on what to watch for as far as infection went, cleaned the rest of his teeth and we were on our way...with instructions to avoid carrots and apples for a week.  Surprise side effect....a lisp that lasted several weeks...long enough to make me wonder if we were going to qualify for speech services because of jumping on the bed.  I think we're in the clear now.  I'm bettin' though that when the Tooth Fairy makes her maiden voyage to the Kutscher house, it's after one of those two front teeth....or maybe both.  

PS...I can't believe I considered going to school to be an orthodontist.  Teeth gross me out.  





No comments: