Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hey! What Happened to September?!













Errrr....September kinda got away from me. Here I was braggin about being all on top of it. We knew it was inevitable...what with the move and all. Before we can cover the move though, we've gotta back up.



Landon had his first day of preschool the Tuesday after Labor Day. Here he is looking like such a big boy with his backpack waiting to climb in the car, with his sleepy morning eyes. This kid IS NOT a morning person. I don't know who he could've gotten that from! He LOVES school and this year is doing more 'schooly' stuff. You know, the typical, letter a week, seasonal preschool themes, etc. He has a journal and show and tell every week. For his A journal, he drew Albert Pujols....and his teacher sent me a pic on my phone. We were so proud. However, later that week, I heard from the same teacher that the two of them were doing their typical Cardinal/Cub banter, and Landon said to her, "Don't start that Cubby crap with me"....uh yeah. She tried to remind him that some of his favorite people, like his uncles, were Cub fans too, and he ended the conversation with, "that's different...they're my uncles. I HAVE to love them." His teacher thought it was hilarious. We had a talk about sassiness. I'm sure it won't be the last.



Here are some random shots of a naked cowboy...which reminds me of one of my favorite teaching stories...skip the rest of the paragraph if you don't wanna hear it. I had a first grade girl come up to me during a restroom break, pull on my skirt and make me bend down so she could whisper in my ear. When I got down there, she said "____ has naked cowboys in her pockets." I made her repeat it because I was very confused obviously. So I called ____over and said, "honey, what do you have in your pockets?" and she looks at me with a defeated gaze and pulls both of her jeans pockets inside out and all these tiny pictures of shirtless men with cowboy hats fall out of her pockets. Hilarious.




And Grant cashed out on Chad's lap...not very comfortably it doesn't appear, but it didn't stop him.


Mid-month we enjoyed a visit from half of the California Kutschers. :) Uncle Gary, Aunt Maria, Nick, and Nate came to visit before their school year kicked off. We had some nice evenings at Mama and Papa Kutscher's house with cook outs and lots of carry out. (Yum)...along with lots of giggles and playing. Here's Grant in awe of handheld technology with Uncle Gary and Nate. :) And then him and Sophia having an indepth conversation about something very important....politics or healthcare maybe. Landon went to Scheel's with Grandpa Larry, Uncle Gary and Nick one afternoon, where he had a big first. He rode the ferris wheel with Grandpa. Larry said he was all about it, until they got in line, and then decided he didn't want to do it. Larry was holding him and he said as they got closer and closer to the front of the line he could feel the cheeks of his butt tightening up. The kid is wound pretty tightly anyway...I bet he was in full clench mode. :) After they got up there though, Landon thought it was pretty cool and told us he wanted to go again when we went back. Way to go Grandpa! Kudos to you....cause I bet we wouldn't have gotten him on there without drama and everyone in the store knowing about it.


Another side note, while Uncle Gary and fam were here Grant got another mosquito bite....which swelled to 10 times normal size, right between his eyes. Seriously. He looked like a boxer...and we iced it and kept polysporin on it like it was going out of style. Thankfully thought it didn't get all infected and ooze for days like the other ones have. Geez Louise. I think next spring I may fashion some kind of mosquito netting outfit for him to wear. Hey...maybe that can be my million dollar idea! Stylish bug protective wear for infants and toddlers. Oh yeah...give me six months, and we'll be millionaires! ;)

No comments: