Monday, September 5, 2011

So Much to Say, So Much to Say, So Much to Say













Hey all! I'm so proud that I'm posting only a week after my last entry! We've had quite the exciting week here. Here are the headlines:


Hey! Who Turned on the HEAT...and Turned OFF the water?!


This week was so ridiculously hot that you could've baked cookies in your car. (side story...someone from the SJ-R I think it was actually did that this summer...and filmed it) It was so hot that we were forced to keep the kids inside for recess because of the excessive temps. It was so hot that Landon's soccer got canceled Thursday and Chad's start time for his game got pushed back. It was so hot that it was nearly 85 degrees in my classroom. Uh, yeah. Eek. I spent most of the week 'glistening.' THEN on Thursday, we woke up to a water main break in Rochester and a boil order. FYI, Dixie cups on first graders desks are not a good time...but necessary, and we prevailed.



Moving Date Set


We are officially moving Friday, September 23. After much debate and confusion...which involved us being informed that banks no longer approve bridge loans...BUT they were willing to let us have two mortgages in April. What kind of sense is that?! We are now closing on BOTH houses on the 23rd, but are giving our buyers our breakfast bar stools and an enormous TV shelf in the basement in return for letting us keep possession of the house after closing until Monday morning. With that date on the calendar, and looming closer, I probably should be a little more committed to packing...but there are so many things that stand in my way.



A Weekend with the Fam


Mom, Dad, and Michael were here this weekend for a little post birthday celebration for Mom. We hung out, made a trip to Scheels (and Hobby Lobby), and did lots of eatin and playin. We also busted Mom's Cricut out of the box and went cuttin' crazy for stuff for my classroom. Happy Birthday, Mom! (and thanks for all your help :)



Tell Me Again Why We Don't Have Power?


Saturday night while Mom, Dad, and Michael were here our power went off...from 5:30 to 8:30ish...apparently someone backed a motor home into some power lines, caught the motor home on fire, and knocked power off for 462 Ameren customers. (I just know that last stat because I called Ameren to find out an estimated time for power restoration). Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident, and we spent sometime playing a board game and discussing things Mom and Dad should never leave home without. Here's the list 1) a generator and 2) giant marshmallows for smores.

Holy Furniture Buying Spree!


So Sunday, Mom and I ran to Jo-Ann to get a new cutting mat for the above mentioned Cricut (which they did not have) and I said, 'Hey, we should run in Shop-Ko. Looks like they've got everything marked 50 to 70 percent off. May as well.' Two hours and $640 later, we're the proud owners of: 1) a new leather recliner 2) 3 new barstools for the new house 3) a new desk for my sewing machines (yes that's plural! more about that later) 4) a six foot bookshelf with crown molding and 5) a tv stand that will actually hold our Blu-Ray, Cable box, and Wii so we don't look like Hoosiers with a night stand sitting next to our ridiculous big television. (Indiana peeps, I mean no offense). How ya like those deals?! Oh YEAH! THEN I went to JCPenney and bought Chad 3 new dress shirts and ties...and one of the ties was $2.97. I kid you not. I was on a roll, people.

A Night (and Morning) with the Coppernolls


So after all our shopping and cutting, gluing, taping, painting, and hanging school projects Dad stole Mom back from me, and they headed back to Hord. Kristi and I have had absolutely no communication since school started except for a few random texts about not talking and not being happy about it. So at 7:30 Sunday night we threw a plan together to get La Fiesta take out and for them to bring the kids over and hang out for a couple of hours. All the kids were in jammies and played til they couldn't play anymore. After they had all dropped, we kept talking and talking and talking and talking....and then it was 3 in the morning and the Coppernolls went home. I think what we've learned from this, is that it's dangerous for Kristi and I not to talk for weeks upon end. At some point, it all comes to a head and there's so much to be said you've got to clear a huge block of time to get it all out in the open. And after it happens, you wake up the next morning and Jason Aldean and Ludicrous's "Dirt Road Anthem" is on your Ipod, there's a container with the crusty remnants of queso on your table, your liquor cabinet is empty, your nails are done, and there's no one to blame except yourselves.



The Kutscher Boys are Introduced to the Phenomenon that is Bubble Bath


So Landon has been on my case the last 6 or 11 trips to Wal-Mart that he wants more bath fizzies...you know, the ones that turn your bath water different colors. Okay, we had a big container of them, which I paid $5 for and they lasted a LOOONG time. They've been gone now for quite awhile and everytime we go to the store, the only bath fizzies they have is a small jar that holds maybe 15-20 tables and it's $6.50. Now that's just ridiculous. I'm not biting. So instead of giving in, this past trip, we bought Spongebob Bubble Bath, which turned out to be even more entertaining than the bath fizzies.




In other random news:

I now own an embroidery machine, folks! I know if you're a regular reader, you know I've been itchin to have one for quite awhile, but you also know that reason I never bought one was that they're 3 THOUSAND DOLLARS. Well, I just happened to be cruising Craigslist the first week in August and found one...for ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY BUCKS. I immediately bought it and my wonderful husband who is so good to me, drove his rear an hour all the way to Roodhouse to pick it up. I've now owned it for a month and haven't even had a chance to plug it in, but hey, that's not the important thing. The important part is that I HAVE ONE!


I also now have a new addiction....teacher blogs. It's just insane the number of teacher blogs that are out there that have TONS of ideas and free downloads on them. I've spent hours on the weekend just surfing, writing stuff down, and pillaging units and what not. I'm more excited about this school year than I have been in a long time...probably since I was fresh out of college and just thrilled to have a job. Between the blogs, the technology we're all getting in our rooms, and my new classroom...my mind is occupied with all kinds of new ideas to try and things to be excited about.

Chad has a new coaching gadget...this etch-a-sketch type clipboard to draw plays on with a magnetic pen. Look who else thinks it's a cool toy....:)



The boys have new shoes and I know that's not really that big of a deal, but I DO get very excited about buying their shoes. It's really the most fun thing to buy for a little boy. So I found these Sambas on Zappos and they're ROCKET COLORS! How sweet is that! Here are my little models.























We went to Kelly and Scott's tonight for dinner. The kids (the small ones and the big ones) played soccer in the backyard. Here's Uncle Stallion throwing Landon in the air one of the 23 times he did it. That was their goal celebration. I think Uncle Stallion may be sore tomorrow. Little Sophia had the giggles this evening and gave herself the hiccups. The cutest squeaks ever!

Okay, now I can add blogging to my list of accomplishments for this long weekend. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, pretty tired, and pretty much looking forward to getting in my bed with clean sheets. Ahhh....love that feeling. I hear it callin' my name! :)

2 comments:

Beth Cooper said...

Was the tie $297.00 or $2.97? If it was $297.00 you are going to have to post a pic. I have to see it. Oh, and I know you are busy but you should plug that new machine in and try it out. I can't wait to hear all about it!

ashley said...

YES! i discovered teaching blogs last year too and they were mighty addicting. so refreshing to get new ideas. i can't remember - you teach first grade? www.thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com was one of my favorites!