
So when I decided to just blog "events" instead of the weekly update, I had a few pictures that were definitely blog worthy that got skipped over. Soooo....here. you. go.We've been having some fun outside, and would have more of it if it weren't for the blessed mosquitoes. It's been so wet, they've really been horrible. The phrase, "These bugs are just awful," is engraved into Landon's brain and he uses it nearly daily. He's also been seen more than a few times running from the backyard yelling, "they're gettin' me...they're gettin' me. The mosquitoes are gettin' me." Chad's put some Bug Free Backyard spray on the yard, and it really does help...until it rains and then they're back...which this summer is oh, about every two to three days or so. While we have been able to be outside, here's what we've been doing.

...hangin on the deck. Our deck is not very big but since we have no neighbors behind us and a lot of trees, it's pretty private. We've eaten a few dinners out there, and last week while it was pretty cool in the evenings, Chad and I sat out there and had some summer beverages until the wee hours of the morning. It's nice to soak in the quiet. Above is Grant
...and yes he's naked except his diaper...I realize that's a little trashy, but it was warm...and he puked all over his clothes right before bath time. And besides...the nakedness in the picture makes it an even cuter shot!
...and yes he's naked except his diaper...I realize that's a little trashy, but it was warm...and he puked all over his clothes right before bath time. And besides...the nakedness in the picture makes it an even cuter shot!The deck is also an excellent place to enjoy an ice cream sandwich and your mom doesn't even tell you one time, "PLEASE don't touch anything."


We've also been enjoying some side walk chalk out front. Landon's been much more into that this year than he was last. His name to the left here was drawn by Mollie, one of Landon's favorite baby-sitters, so I snapped a picture. My favorite thing about sidewalk chalk is how its so messy and Landon doesn't really seem to mind. Normally, when he gets messy, we hear about it. Sidewalk chalk not so much. He walks around looking like a messy boy and doesn't complain. I enjoy that (for real....I'm not being sarcastic). A sweaty boy with sidewalk chalk all over him? That's pretty darn cute.
Also happening in the front yard...Stella baths...

Is this a face of relaxation or misery? Hmmm....good question.

We bought Landon another blow up pool, because his first one had a dog fight take place on it in the shed. You read about that earlier in the summer. Here he is shootin some hoops in the pool...and then...


well, sometimes you gotta go. And he says as he's going:
"Hey! Look! It's the ARCH!"
Sweet. Very classy.
Chad has been playing in an outdoor men's league on Thursday nights. The b
oys and I have only made it to one game, but with as many rain outs and reschedules they've had, and all the times we've been out of town, I don't think that's too bad.
oys and I have only made it to one game, but with as many rain outs and reschedules they've had, and all the times we've been out of town, I don't think that's too bad.Here's Landon at the one game we made it to, with Brayden...a good friend of ours. He played so great with Landon the whole time...taught him how to do a throw in, and offered to buy him a Gatorade. How sweet is that?
So I guess that closes up the outdoor pictures that didn't make the blog earlier. Never fear though...there's plenty of summer left though....right? Right? I don't hear you reassuring me.
So I guess that closes up the outdoor pictures that didn't make the blog earlier. Never fear though...there's plenty of summer left though....right? Right? I don't hear you reassuring me.



No comments:
Post a Comment