Wednesday, July 21, 2010

...and UUUUUUPP!!




On the morning of the 19th, Chad went in to get Grant from his crib...AND he was standing in it. The week before, at Mom and Dad's he had pulled up to a little piano toy, too. So Chad brings him to me (still in bed because that's my routine now...stay up to the wee hours of the morning and then struggle to get up by 8) so he can go do driver's ed and I say, "tell Daddy bye-bye," and he waves. AAAH! That's a lot of big moments for one morning! The waving could've been a fluke, because he hasn't done it since, and believe me, we've tried SEVERAL times.













Later that afternoon, I put him back in his crib to see if he'd put on a show for me...he didn't disappoint. See video below...




That night Chad was putting the boys in the tub, and he yells, "grab your camera!" Grant was standing at the bath tub, with a nakie butt...just like a picture we have of Landon...above.



Here are a few pics that I can't resist putting up.




Since then we've come to a couple of revelations:


1. Now that Grant knows how to stand in his crib, he doesn't care so much for laying down in it, and so have followed some rough early mornings for us. He wakes up between 3 and 4 usually and after we go in once and give him his binky and rock him (if he'll let us) or rub his back or whatever, five minutes later he's on his feet again screaming. The longest he's gone is 45 minutes. That's a killer for parents. You gotta do it though, or they'll wreck your lives!



2. Now that Grant knows how to stand on his own, he's becoming a dare devil. This kid isn't going to take too long to walk and I'm guessing they'll be plenty of bumps and bruises along the way...especially since he has an older brother to "help" him learn. Yesterday (7/24) I got the camera out because he pulled up the rocking chair in his room. This kid cracks me up. I get the camera out and he's posing. Every picture that I took (and there were 14 of them) he's smiling. Hilarious. I also took this video. I thought he was thinking about walking around the chair while holding on....he had other plans. HOLY COW! We're in trouble.






No comments: