Well, Grant's nearly seven months old, so I thought I'd post his six month appointment update. We took him in on the 10th of June, when he weighed 19 pounds and was 26 1/4" long. That's a half inch shorter than Landon was at that age, and a half pound heavier. He's a little more "compact." :) He's doing everything he should be and a little more as far as strength goes. He's crawling and sitting up. He could sit up but still was a little wobbly at the appointment. Since then, he's become more solid and seldom tips over. He's jibber-jabbering all the time, likes to play Peek-A-Boo, and make the Indian chant noise when you put your finger near his mouth. (I know that's politically incorrect, but what else do you call that?)Grant's been eating cereal and baby food now for quite awhile. At four months we started rice. You saw that here on the blog. He wasn't crazy about it, but who could blame the kid. The next week was oatmeal. Again, not crazy about it, but he would kind of eat it. Every week after that we added something new. Squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, beef, chicken, ham, turkey, apples, and bananas. He had had all of that before his six month appointment, and feeding him was NOT A TREAT.
The kid just did not want to eat. I mean, I know it's hard to believe by looking at him, but our pediatrician referred us to a food aversion specialist. We talked to them the following week, and after hearing his weight (uh...yeah) and some of his eating habits they decided there was no need for alarm. (I wasn't alarmed to begin with, just frustrated.) They gave us some tips to get him to put his tongue down...holding the spoon in his mouth longer (when we managed to get it in there), using his pacifier as a spoon, and letting him try some finger foods.
So, we started with canned green beans from their suggestion, since they were big enough for him to pick up and soft enough where choking wasn't a big concern. These pictures are from Thursday, June 17. I KNOW there are a lot, and they mostly look the same to you, but I was having a really hard time choosing, and decided what the heck, I'm puting all the "cute" ones on.
Here he is...starting out...very excited..."you guys are really gonna let me put this in my mouth?! Wow! Usually you take everything away I try to put in!"





"Woo...well I wasn't really planning on swallowing this. What do I do now?!"
"Slippery little suckers."I don't want to jinx it, but it seems he's getting better about opening his mouth and keeping his tongue where it's supposed to be. And...(insert royal announcement music here) as of TODAY...he has his first tooth! Bottom, middle, the one on his left, finally broke through. He's gnawing on a biter biscuit as we speak. :) Here's a little video of the first green beans.

No comments:
Post a Comment