Sunday, April 11, 2010

Goodies from the Bunny and ummm...TEN other baskets













Here we are after church on Easter Sunday. And above is the boys after going through their Easter Bunny baskets. Sometimes it's hard to capture a regular smile from Landon because when he's in the mood to tolerate pictures, he gives the CHEESE face all the time. Still cute, but a little forced. :) And hey, Grant doesn't look scared out of his mind in this picture, so SCORE!






The Bunny left some good stuff for the boys. Landon got three new books for his Leap Pad, which he has grown into now. He's playing it quite a bit, without any assistance. He liked it when we got it for his 2nd birthday, but the fine motor skills weren't quite up to playing with it alone. He's all over it now. He also got a way cool pair of sunglasses and a couple of new books. Grant got a larger size swaddle blanket since he's getting so big and will only sleep for a half hour at a time during the night without being in a straight jacket. :) There were M&M filled eggs and the boys got matching soccer jammies. The boys each got a new book. Here's Grant with his. We got "Bear Feels Scared" from the library last fall, and Landon didn't want to return it. If you're looking for a good book gift for a little person, I highly recommend any of the "Bear" books by Karma Wilson. Landon's favorite is "Bear Feels Sick"....which reminds me, we need to do another Landon's Literary Review segment soon. :)






After the Bunny festivities came to a close, we headed to Chad's Mom and Dad's. The kids did an Easter Egg hunt. Last year we had to beg Landon to pick up eggs. No begging required this year. I think Landon had an unfair advantage, too, because older cousin Nicholas (who hid the eggs) was his personal helper. He cleaned up and had a blast doing it.
While the big kids were egg hunting, Uncle Gary was entertaining Lil Grant.

















Here are some cousin pictures. I was just going to put the one with all of the kids on, but I had to put the one on without the babies because I know everyone out there in the Kutscher clan will appreciate the one where Landon and Liam are standing side by side looking so much like their dads it's almost frightening. I should also mention that we're missing a baby in the picture. We weren't sure if there was anyone responsible enough to hold Little Caleb, so later Laura squatted behind Liam and put Caleb on his lap while she held him too. Unfortunately I didn't get one of those pictures. He's in the picture of all the boys though. That's one nice, big, lovin' family.

After the outdoor picture taking the kids had more Easter baskets. And yes you read the title correctly. TEN Easter baskets were collected at the Kutscher House. I don't even know what I'm going to do with all the baskets....they'll take a whole storage shelf in the basement. The boys got some really cute bunnies, books, and cars. Grant got a Cardinals binky and binky clip. CUTE! AND we've had so much candy sitting on the counter this week that I've probably gained back five of the pounds I had lost. Darn you chocolate and Darn me for having no self control!!! Cadbury Creme Eggs, I love you, but oh how I hate you.

2 comments:

Rebecca Mohler said...

I hear you on the darn Easter candy!!!!

Sara B said...

Megan, about the swaddle blanket - have you tried a sleep sack? Maddie was the same way with her swaddle blanket - couldn't sleep w/o it. Now she doesn't sleep without her sleep sack. Just a thought. :)