Sunday, August 30, 2009

Popsicles and Cardinals


Not many things made Landon too happy this weekend, but the Cardinals and popsicles were pretty much at the top of the list. He had his 4th chemo treatment on Friday and was in good spirits and feeling well Friday until it was time to go to bed. That's pretty much a theme though for most nights. Saturday he was not in as good of spirits and didn't want to drink ANYTHING and only ate a little bit late in the afternoon. The only thing we got down him were some popsicles. He did enjoy those a lot....and so did I. I had to be supportive right? It's my responsibility as a mother! I look very responsible, don't ya think?



This morning we headed to St. Louis (our second home :) ) to the Cardinal game. Today was the big day that Dr. Ferguson hooked us up with. Once we made it down, it was great...but the ride there was not so much fun. Landon got sick and then thankfully went to sleep. :( We were worried about what kind of shape he'd be in once we got to the game, but he was pumped as soon as he opened his eyes and say "BUSCH STADIUM!" We went down on the field for batting practice, which was very cool. We seriously were about 20 feet away from all of the super star Cardinals. It was really weird to see them as normal people, which duh, is what they are, but they seemed different up that close. We watched Tony hit some ground balls to the infielders, which I had no idea he even did. I thought only Little League and high school coaches did that. Guess even when you get paid the big bucks you gotta hit infield grounders to your players. Then a few of the players took batting practice. After getting our picture taken on the field, we went in to a hospitality room and hung out while Landon played with his Adam Wainwright bobblehead. Then we headed out and about to see if we could find Fred Bird. No luck. We did get Landon to eat quite a bit of a big pretzel and got him a Fred Bird from Build a Bear (or Bird).




We had seats on the first base line, underneath the first over hang. Not bad! (especially for FREE tickets). Chad and Landon did manage to miss the first 3 innings of the game while they were on an excursion looking for pizza. It was worth the hunt. Landon ate almost half of the personal sized pizza. Getting him to eat ANYTHING these days is worth rejoicing over. We were VERY happy. He actually even drank a pretty good amount of water. NICE! The sixth inning got to be too much for Landon. He decided to cash out.


Previously in the week, I survived Meet the Teacher night, which I was super stressed about last year. Not as stressful this year, second time doing it, more things on my mind. It went fine...and it's done! Chad got his first win under his belt with the boys. They beat Williamsville on Thursday 4 to 1....not as big of a win as they were hoping for, but it was a win. Earlier that afternoon I had my 24 week check up and had to drink my DELICIOUS orange drink and have my blood sugar tested. FUN!!!! That was fine, too. The past three appointments I've only gained a pound or two, but this one I made up for it. 8 lbs in a month! YOWZERS. I was prepared for that though. It's obvious I've gained weight, and hello, I'm supposed to, there's a baby in there. I wasn't really prepared for my doctor to tell me that I was measuring 4 weeks ahead, but she said she "wasn't going to get excited about it until next month." If I'm still 4 weeks ahead next month, they're going to do a sonogram, just to "double check." In my mind I immediately thought, double check for what, but I didn't ask. I've also decided "not to get excited about it." I would've been pumped for Landon to be early, but this one I was counting on staying IN THERE until the DUE DATE. Sigh. Doesn't it figure? Oh well. I'll post the 8 lb weight gain picture next week. I'm not feeling like posing for one at the moment. And hey, at this rate, by next week, you could see like a 12 lb weight gain pic!

Here's a video for you that probably should've been shortened, but I didn't feel like messing with the editing program tonight. It always locks up and doesn't save and makes me feel frustrated. So enjoy and feel free to stop it about 20 seconds before the end. This is Landon doing his own trademark move dance, "The Landon." Original. :) Have a great week!


No comments: