Monday, August 17, 2009

Nightmare on Mishawaka Drive


Looks like such an angel doesn't he? This week instead of our sweet Landon, we've been living with Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. We've finally figured out that we think he's having nightmares, which is causing him to not want to sleep or nap. We had a couple of good nights, where he either went to sleep in our bed and was moved into his bed and slept pretty decently. The rest of the nights this week were a battle. Friday night he started to go down by 9:00 and it was 1:00 before we finally got him to sleep. He kept waking back up and saying he couldn't lay down and he couldn't close his eyes. That's when we decided for sure it was bad dreams. Of course, last night (the night before starting a routine schedule for school) he decided to take a nap at 6:15. We tried to wake him, but after unsuccessful attempts put him to bed, hoping that he'd stay there until at least 4 this morning. He was awake at 8:30. BAD NEWS. Thus ensued the evening of him acting like it was 7:00 when it was 11:30, Chad and I laying in bed trying to sleep and him talking to us like a chatterbox about Madagascar. He was up, he laid down, he was flopping, we were tossing. Finally at 3:00 this morning, yes I said THREE O'CLOCK, he fell asleep and I moved him to his bed. Needless to say, when my alarm went off at 5:45 this morning, I didn't spring from my bed shouting, "First day of school! First day of school!" like on Finding Nemo. I haven't even poked the bear that's sleeping in the race car bed. Not looking forward to it.

So it was a productive week here despite being sleepless. Landon had his second chemo treatment and seems to be doing pretty well. No side effects that we see except for the nightmares. He's even eating this week kind of! My classroom is about ready to go. Chad's soccer season is off to a bang with two a day practices. Landon SAID that he was excited to go to "Vella's" today so we'll see if that holds true when we wake him. I put on some pictures of him refusing a nap, and then giving into a nap, and also him with Chris and Christie at dinner the other night. Chris and Christie have a new place in Landon's world because they (along with a bunch of Chad's friends and their family members) bought Landon a Batman tricycle which he LOVES. Everytime he gets on it, he says, "Chris and Christie bought this for me." I apologize to everyone else who went in on that gift that's not getting recognition. The Jones' just get the glory for delivering it. :) But THANK YOU to all the rest of you as well. :)




Oh yeah, and since I'm six months along next week, I guess I should post the 5 month preggie pic from two weeks ago. This poor baby is taking a back seat for now. We'll get over that before he or she arrives. :)


1 comment:

Susan said...

Megan-
I know Landon's been through A LOT, and has good reason for nightmares, but Noah had awful night terrors from about age 2 to about age 3 1/2. He'd cry out and yell in his sleep and occasionally wake himself up. It was horrible to be awakened like that, but it passed. Hopefully this will too! Hey, how can the Pennington's get a hold of some Love for Landon gear???
Susan