Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's Super Landon!


It's a bird.....No, it's a plane....No, it's SUPER LANDON. While he can't fly, he continues to amaze us at how well he's handling his treatments. 3 down.....16 to go. Friday was a breeze. He barely even cried and was just a little on the cranky side this weekend. He's really doing great. We know he probably won't do this great all the way through, but he's definitely a strong kid. We can hope to continue to be surprised, right?

He did manage to totally mortify us when the resident surgeon who pulled some strings to get us Cardinal tickets for next Sunday's game, passes to go down on the field for batting practice, AND a signed Skip Schumacher baseball, pulled out the baseball to give to him, and he responded with, "I don't want that." OH MY GOSH. Chad immediately turned red and sweat started pouring off his head. I hope she understood that he's two and doesn't get what she gave him, but holy cow. That was still embarrassing. I told Chad though, that maybe there's a chance if we DO get to meet Skip Schumacher on Sunday that Landon won't say anything embarrassing to him, because he has it all out of his system. If he says, "Go Cubs!" to Skip, I'm gonna die, and then so are the Uncle Scotts.

In between chemo and seeing Dr. Coplin, we went to see Bill, Elaine and their new baby, Victoria. Here's Landon testing out his big brother skills holding "Baby Batoria." One thing I'm pretty certain of is that our baby will NEVER be as small as Baby Batoria, who only weighed 5lbs 14ozs when she was born a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully this baby is somewhere between that and the 8lbs 5ozs that King Land-O weighed. I know that's not really that big, but that's big for me people.




This week we started our real routines. Teachers started school on Monday, kids came on Wednesday. I must say I have the CUTEST class EVER. Figures, since I'll be on leave. But get this, not only are they cute, they're GOOD. I don't want to jinx it, but things are going smoothly. Even if this is just a honeymoon period, we're off to a good start....I'll take it. I'm sure Chad's classes aren't as cute as mine, but he chose his career. I can't help that. His also can tie their own shoes and fasten their own pants, so I guess it's an even trade.




Landon's back at Vella's. He continues to punish us each morning with crying and drama. But once he gets to Vella's is fine. I do feel a little bad when I tell him good-bye through his fits, but knowing that he's okay once he leaves makes it easier. Here he is this morning though, Mr. Happy Go Lucky. He slept until 10:00 though. That can't happen during the week.

We got a lot of things done this weekend, with the help of Mom and Dad, who came to do 24 hour diaper duty since Chad had his McKendree Alumni game on Friday night.


Landon's new ceiling fan: hung
Backsplash: sealed (no picture yet though because the kitchen is a disaster, except the floor)
Living room walls: decorated (kinda....it's started)
Kitchen floor: mopped
Laundry: done and put away
Sheets: extra clean....had to do that twice since Landon managed to pee in his bed and our bed last night. Nice.
Bathrooms: cleaned
Bills: paid

I spent the afternoon at school while Landon was entertained by the other Grandpa and Grandma. I got a lot done, but it doesn't feel nearly as productive since I have so much more to do. The beginning of the year is always like this though. We have meet the teacher on Tuesday night. I'll feel better when everything is ready for that, which will probably happen at oh, 5:00 on Tuesday, since the parents are coming at 6:00.

Several people have been asking about the infamous envelope, and YES it's STILL SEALED. Chad's got an iron will. And, I, being the honest and true to my word person that I am, will not open it myself. I've washed my hands of the envelope. I can only sit by, make the baby, and wait, just like you helpless people (minus the making the baby party.....lucky you!) If the status of the envelope changes, I'll do an up to the minute post. Promise. I wouldn't keep hitting refresh if I were you though. I'm not forseeing any changes here. I can let you know this, when we have baby 3, there will be no envelope. We'll either find out, or we won't. That's the best I can do for you.
No video again this week. I'm trying to capture Landon singing and dancing to his favorite song on a Wiggle Movie he's been watching, but everytime I get out the camera he stops. I'll get him though, don't worry, and you'll be in for a treat. :)

2 comments:

Gina Taylor said...

Um -hello -- cuter than the class Evan Taylor was in - Okay, okay - I will break the news to him...

Courtney said...

I can't BELIEVE I'm just now getting to read your post. Things have been a little crazy here. It totally brightened my day. You should compile all these post into a book and publish it, girl. You are hilarious! Also, I just swiped that first picture for my slideshow on my PC at work. Hope you don't mind. It's basically a show with the cutest kids EVER, so I have to have Landon in it....and my picture was outdated. 8-)