Sunday, August 9, 2009

Last Week of Summer Comin' At Ya!


Ugh. One week until school starts. I realize a lot of you (MOST of you) reading this have absolutely no sympathy because most likely you either a.) work all year long like everyone but educators or b.) have already started back to school anyway. I'm not gonna lie, this usually is my most productive week of the entire year....the week I realize I better get my rear in gear if I'm gonna accomplish half of the things on my to do list. But to say that the to do list of the summer got put on the back burner would be a serious understatement. I don't even remember what I wanted to accomplish this summer except for the obvious kitchen rennovation. I'm sure when this is all over, I'll recover to my normal list making, anal self, but as of right now, I have no list of things to accomplish neither at school or at home...which has NEVER happened. At some point this week, I'll HAVE to make a list of things for school or I'll go insane, but my goal here at home is just to finish up things that have been started.

I'm off to a good start. Landon's big boy room is done! (Okay, I say done, but we still need some window treatments and to install the new fan, but it's done enough to post pictures). Of course there's the lead pic of my little book worm enjoying some stories after I picked them all up. Never fails....nothing makes him want to "read" more than a book shelf full of shelved books. If they're on the floor, they're not as tempting I guess. We've also tackled the grouting of the backsplash. That's a M-E-S-S. It's done and drying. As soon as we get it sealed I'll put up a picture of it, too.

Landon's been a little trying the last few days. It's a definite that he's not really feeling like himself. Most days consist of us trying to talk him into doing something/going somewhere that he doesn't want to, and then having to listen to him scream for nearly an hour after when the activity comes to a close/we have to go home. I seriously thought I was gonna lose it when the kid cried for 45 minutes after we came home from the post office on Friday. What they hey? Who wants to stay at a post office?! He's just out of sorts. He knows he doesn't feel right, but can't always tell us what's wrong. His taste has definitely been affected too. Every kind of juice I give him, he hands the cup back to me and says, "I don't like THIS kind of juice." It's the same juice he's drank for the last two years of his life. I don't know how to solve this problem. I took him home to visit my grandparents for one evening this weekend and he was fine....minus when it was time to go to bed and he cried for 45 minutes that he didn't want to sleep there he wanted to go home (never heard that before) and then on the ride home when he cried all the way from Shelbyville to Taylorville that he didn't want to go home. There was a tiny break in the crying when I pulled off to buy him some milk to at least meet one of his demands, but he refused to drink it because he didn't want the "little kind of milk." He wouldn't drink the stinkin' stuff because it wasn't poured from a gallon container. UGH.

We have seen a glimpse of our old pleasant Landon this afternoon and this evening. We were at Chad's parents for all the August boys' birthdays. He had a grand time putting on a show for everyone, loving on Abby (the picture is from Chad's birthday dinner this week), helping everybody open presents, and of course, EATING CAKE! It even motivated him to eat some mac and cheese...its was part of the deal we made. :) Just knowing we only have 18 weeks of this and at the end we'll have a healthy boy makes it seem do-able, and we're all VERY hopeful that once we return to a routine schedule that some of these issues will work themselves out. We're gonna have to get creative with nutrition around here that's for sure. Okay, a couple of videos for you this week, Landon looking forward to cake and putting on a show for his fan club. Chemo this week is Wednesday, only one drug this time, and no nausea! YAY!






No comments: