I'm sorry to disappoint this week, but my heart isn't in it. I'm flippin' exhausted. It seems like everyday tasks are becoming 2 hour events lately. Namely going potty and getting to bed. These are not issues with me or Chad of course, but without naming any names, I think we're probably all clear on what's going on here.
Example:
8:00 tonight....start rocking while watching Veggie Tales
8:30 tonight....move to his room to rock.
9:00 give up on the rocking, lay him in his bed....try rubbing his back....not gonna get the job done
9:15 in compromise I go get my pillow and lay on the floor next to his bed. We lay in silence for five minutes and then:
"Mommy? Where are Michael Jordan and the Oompa Loompas?"
"What? Go to sleep, Landon. Close your eyes."
Five minutes more:
"George. George....lay down, George." (speaking to Curious George in the bed beside him)
9:40 I sneak out of the room on my hands and knees.
9:45
"Mommy! Mommy! Come back! Mommy, wait!"
"Landon, it's time for bed. Mommy is going to lay in her bed."
"Okay, but look, here's Fred Bird. Fred Bird is my friend. He wants to play catch with me."
"Good buddy. I'm going to brush my teeth and lay down in my bed."
10:00....now. I don't know if I'm going to get to go to bed or not tonight.
Sigh.
I'll do better with the blogging next week.
1 comment:
I think this is a pretty good non-blog, if you ask me. I hope you get more sleep tonight!
Post a Comment