Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Best Two Bucks I've Ever Spent


Well, we're still spending A LOT of time sitting on the potty. I'm not really sure we've made any break throughs....although we did manage a number 2 in the potty once this weekend. I don't really think I won the battle of the wills though. He was just in mid-job and managed to humor me for the second half. I'll take it.
Let's see....what else is going on. It seems like the potty is consuming our time here at home. At school I'm preparing for the wind storm that will be the month of May. This Friday we have a Mother's Day Tea....complete with treats, gifts for the moms, and a play. Next week we have a field trip and picnic lunch. The following week we have Father's Field day and picnic lunch. Yeah....it's gonna be a tad busy. Throw in the three different assessments I have to do with each of the kids, and I'm not sure how much else I'm going to get done.....besides crowd control. And there's PLENTY of that going on already.
I finally finished my paper which has been a headache from start to finish. The latest: I had a time log and letter from my principal that needed to be in my project, laying on MY desk at school, when one of my students proceeded to bring their water colors up to MY desk and spill them all over my papers. No big deal...I already had them scanned. I just printed off new ones and put them in the two different copies. Then I get an email from my professor I have to have the originals....which I threw away. So tomorrow I'm going to be making NEW originals. This does not make sense to me. Why does it matter? I guess I need another mindless pointless task to finish because I don't have enough to do? Grr.


I went to a subdivision garage sale with Kristi on Friday afternoon in search of a double stroller for Landon and Abby this summer. No luck. However, I did find this $2 pick up. A Cars Mack Truck play set that was a HIT! Landon played with this thing more than I've seen him play with one toy (minus a soccer ball) this weekend. It's funny to watch and listen to him play now. He has the cars talking to each other and he talks to them. He's developing an imagination. Very entertaining. Oh, and above is a picture of Landon's first Kool-Aid mustache. It's actually Hi-C....but he had a big boy cup and we all know how that works out.


Lindsey tagged me for this list thingy....so I'm inserting it into this post, because I feel like it's lacking luster. Here goes:
8 Things I'm Looking Forward to:
1. the END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
2. finishing my master's degree
3. not buying diapers for Landon
4. going to a Cardinal game with a bunch of my family members
5. meeting all these new babies we are eagerly awaiting
6. sun and warm weather
7. a newly remodeled kitchen and no more dry wall dust in my house
8. decorating Landon's big boy room

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Five loads of laundry
2. Mowed the back yard
3. Sprayed the weeds in the side walk and drive way
4. Went to Lowe's and signed our cabinet contract
5. ate KFC mashed potatoes and gravy....YUM!
6. watched Wedding Crashers for the 27th time
7. played blocks and read with Landon
8. cleaned the kitchen floor AGAIN!

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Fast forward the clock to June 3
2. whistle....I know, I'm pathetic
3. exercise on a daily basis....I suck at this
4. be motivated to eat healthier
5. relax on the couch without worrying about messes around me
6. have my own line of personally designed children's bedding
7. add an extra 6 hours in everyday
8. have a beautifully landscaped yard without having to live in it to keep it up
8 Shows I Watch: (this is a stretch....I don't watch TV for my own sake normally...except for the first one)
1. The Office
2. Friends re runs
3. Divine Design
4. Color Splash
5. Blue's Clues
6. Sesame Street
7. Yo Gabba Gabba
8. Wonder Pets
8 People I Want to Tag:
1. Kristi
2. Sara
3. Scott (aka Uncle Stallion)
4. anyone else who reads this who has a blog and hasn't been tagged by Lindsey :)

I have two videos this week, since I jipped you last week. Landon and Daddy have been "wrestling" now. I'm not sure who has more fun with it. Daddy play is so much different than Mommy play. The second one is Landon reading on the potty....plenty of that happening lately. I've heard him read this first story almost word for word by himself, but of course when I have the camera out, he won't. Here's a glimpse though.




No comments: