Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Blows of Spring


Everyone looks forward to spring. But sometimes spring can deal ya a low blow.

Like if you're a tiny frog and you think the pond front of the Kutscher's house looks appealing, and then you jump in, only to realize it's so deep that you can't get yourself out. And you spend the whole day there, in the rain, wondering if someone's going to rescue you or if a bird's gonna eat you. (The frog was officially named Ribbit on Daddy and Landon's trip out to get the Sunday paper this morning.....at 6:00 this evening, Daddy dipped him out and held him up to the window for a closer look before safely placing him on the rocks)

Or like if you're two and playing in the dirt and you fall into the primrose bush and you get thorn scratched below your eye. And then you flip over a rock and a whole crew of ants climb up your hand and you are beside yourself with fear.




Or you have your lawnmower worked on so it's ready to go, and then when you get on it, it won't start and you have to mess and mess and mess with it before you finally get it. And then the other people in your house have the nerve to sit at the front door and just watch while you cut the entire yard instead of helping.



Or like when you hear it's supposed to be nice the majority of the weekend....almost 70 and sunny, and then it rains the entire weekend and is 60.
That's low.
Good thing you can redeem yourself, spring. I'm going to let this weekend go and look forward to better days. The scent of fresh flowers will help me. (disclaimer: I do not profess to be a master flower arranger....I just enjoy having fresh flowers inside, especially when they're grown in my own yard. It's hard work planting bulbs ya know.)



We watched Abby Saturday evening while Kelly and Scott were at a wedding reception. She listened to Landon "read" for a little while and then found entertainment elsewhere. Landon, however, will spend 30 to 45 minutes sitting amongst a pile of books "reading" to no one except himself. It's pretty entertaining. Don't worry, the video is only about 2 minutes. Note the recognition of Abraham Lincoln. That's right....that's what happens when you grow up as a Springfield native.


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sorry your weekend wasn't all you hoped it would be! I had grand delusions of Spring Cleaning my entire house...and I bet you can guess how successful that was.

In regards to your Baby Watch 2009 - HOLY COW! Those are a lot of babies in the oven.

Courtney said...

That video is ADORABLE! I'm usually pretty good at translating Toddlerese, but I gotta tell ya. I was strugglin'. Basically I caught the words moon, Clifford, Washington & Lincoln. Did he use the word "fortunately" at about 2:15 into the video? I was cracking up! I remember Josie using big words long before her time. So precious!