
I haven't missed many Sunday blogs. I just didn't have the strength last night. I was thinking of postponing the blog, because frankly, I didn't have much to say. And then I logged on to work on it, and my flash drive wasn't working to load my pictures. That sealed the deal.
Landon had a great day on Thursday. Two packages in one day! Aunt Lou sent a jar of dogs that is a big hit, as well as a Froggy puppet with two Froggy books and a very realistic lizard of some sort. Froggy Bakes a Cake is a new fave. On the same day, we got some fantastic glow in the dark undies from Aunt Lori and Baleigh, with a McQueen dining set and a coloring book, crayons and stickers. Wow, talk about your good mail days! As you can see, we have some work to do on the undies. He evidently things undergarments are hats. I have multiple pictures of him wearing underwear, mine, Chad's....all on his head. I thought it more appropriate to post this instead of one of those pictures. :) You're welcome.
So, I'm tired.
Here is an abbreviated explanation to the factors contributing to this never ending feeling of exhaustion that has settled upon my life (please keep in mind I AM NOT complaining....typing these things out kind of is my way of making peace with things. I am happy about all, well nearly all, of the following):
a. I have a two year old, who continues to get up every morning between 3:00 and 3:30.
b. I have a new job in a new school that takes celebrations very seriously. You heard about the camp out last week. This week is a carousel day of Groundhog Celebration activities (check....done) and 100th day, possibly the biggest hoop de dooh day in the lower elementary grades. Next week, Lincoln's bicentennial and Valentine's Day. The week after that....dental health. Told ya.
c. I am working on finishing my master's degree. I'm in my closure project class (as I also think I've mentioned) which is sucking the life right out of me. (this is the one I'm not that happy about)

d. We had a weekend away in the big ST.L. Chad bought me tickets to see Legally Blonde at the Fox on Saturday. It was AWESOME! I LOVED it. I think Chad even kind of liked it, and that's saying a lot for a musical....that's called Legally Blonde. We got up Sunday and came back to a Super Bowl party/birthday party for Julia and Laura, and even though I was SO SO SO tired, I just couldn't go to sleep in the middle of the special episode of the Office (even though we were taping it)
So, DARN that Groundhog. I'm sick of winter, which I believe is also a factor making me tired. Could we get a little warmer temps around here for cryin' out loud!
My friend Brooke tagged me (last week....sorry Brooke) for a "six happy things" blog. I'm game. I need to redeem myself from that depressing "tired" rant I just went on. Before I start though, I'm supposed to tag six people, pay attention. ;) I'm tagging Michael, Aunt Lou, Lindsey, Lori, Baleigh, and Kristi. I'm also supposed to "link" you on here, but I haven't figured that out yet. I'm working on it. Here I go, six things that make me happy:
6. Beaches. Not the movie, I'm talking sand and sun and water. Can't beat it.
5. Quiet time. I don't like a lot of it, but I feel much calmer when I have just a few minutes to enjoy some quiet, where I can actually hear my thoughts and maybe some sounds you don't normally hear. (like nature stuff or the hum of the furnace, or the snoring of your dog....okay, I hear that a lot. It's hard not to.)
4. A clean house. Yeah, I know I sound like a total sick-o, but I feel SO much better when the house is straightened, the laundry is put away, the floors are vacuumed and mopped. It's an accomplishment, and when all of that is done, I feel like it's easier for me to think about doing something fun.
3. Making a difference in the life of a child. It doesn't take a lot sometimes, but it's so rewarding to see that light bulb finally come on when someone "gets" something they didn't get before. Or to see a glum little guy/girl turn into a smiley kid after a good hug and some TLC. I remind myself daily that for some of the kids I see everyday, I'm the only stable part of their lives. SCARY. Me and stable don't really go in the same sentence that often, especially of late. Anyway, I'm proud to have a job that is to be taken seriously.
2. Family. All of them....from the "wisest" of the bloodline to the ones with teeny tiny piggies. I can't imagine a life without family.
1. Landon. Watching him grow up and learn. Watching him experience things for the first time. Rocking him to sleep....even at 3:15 a.m. Huggin and snugglin. I can't remember life without him.
Speaking of Landon. Do YOU know the Muffin Man? Some of you may be unaware, but he no longer resides on Drury Lane. His forwarding address, you ask? Mishawaka Drive of course. :) You may also notice that Landon does his best singing on the changing table. That's seriously the only time he sits still long enough to capture a song on video. My Muffin Man is on the MOVE.
2 comments:
Great list of 6 Megan! Can I just say "ditto"? Because seriously, those my 6. Change the little kids to high schoolers and Landon to Baleigh and WA-LA! Okay, I'll play along and type my own :)
Baleigh did a lot of panty wearing on her head too! Ha Ha!
I'm glad to hear the Muffin Man has moved up in the world. I always thought Drury sounded dreary. I'm sure Mishawaka is a nice boost for the self-esteem. It just sounds like a fun street. AND, I can only imagine the perks you are enjoying. 8-)
Post a Comment