Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh Yeah, Phil? You are Mistaken, my Friend.

You know what, winter? Forget you. We are SO over you. We don't care what the groundhog said. We're pressin' on. I made our last pot of chili this week, and I am officially declaring that in the Kutscher household, winter is over. Before this weekend, it was mostly just a mood I was in. You know that mood: sick of being cooped up inside all the time, sick of your bulldog playing with her toys inside and flinging slobber all over every wall in the house, sick of the kids at school being inside your classroom for every recess, sick of having to wear socks on my hands to bed every night to keep your excema medicine on. You know....all that stuff. Oh what? You don't have those problems? Oh, okay. Rub it in. I guess spring fever hits everyone a little differently.

So anyway, Saturday, it was 60 degrees here! Landon and Sully (Landon's self named Lizard from Aunt Lou) went for a run with Daddy and then played OUTSIDE on the swing set. Stella then went directly to the bathtub. She needed a bath, but after playing outside she was so muddy there was no way she was going anywhere else. The rest of the day was pretty routine, but a couple hours of fresh air did everyone some good. The beginning of this week is supposed to be in the upper sixties, but it's gonna rain. We're hoping for minimal water in our basement. Gla our appraisal for refinancing was last week, and not this week. I'd say our assessed value may be affected by 3 inches of water in the basement. To the top of our spring to do list: new gutters.
I'm having difficulty recalling anything else worth mentioning through the past week. I survived groundhog day and 100th day. I have 3 weeks under my belt for my class; I'm not going to even count how many I have left to go. The thought entered my mind to count how many days of school left this week, but I'm making myself wait until we change the calendar to March. I think the number may be too depressing at this stage in the game.

Landon finger painted for the first time this week, which I was really pumped about. He, however, wasn't nearly as excited about it, and as soon as I coaxed him into putting his fingers into the paint, he squealed and declared it was yucky and he needed a napkin. "I'm messy! I'm messy!" Yikes. Normally neatness is attractive to me, but I don't want to be raising a wussy boy who doesn't like to have his fingers dirty at all. We've got some work to do. Mental note as well as a new gutter we need to make some mud pies in the sandbox.






No comments: