Sunday, January 25, 2009

This Week in Numbers

It's been another run of the mill week. We did manage to get in a four day work week. We're working up to the five days we're working this week.....You never know though....maybe it will snow a foot or ice or get 30 below. I wouldn't be really crushed if it did, but I'm not hoping for it. We do have to make up the days at some point, so we might as well work like normal people for at least one week. :)


Speaking of normal people....let's talk a brief moment about someone not normal...our illustrious governor. The headline on the City/State section of the SJR this morning is, and I quote: "Blagojevich not crazy, experts say. Subheadline: But he may have narcissistic personality disorder." The article goes on to say that he's grabbed cell phones from complete strangers and interrupted their conversation saying, "Hi, this is the governor." And when lawmakers reject his proposals he says that's a vote of confidence. I know "crazy" is a very loose term, and no one can be diagnosed with the label of "crazy," but seriously, he's got problems. I mean, look at his hair....that's evidence enough for me. NUT-SO.

So, I've decided to give you a recap of our week in numbers this post. Here's how it went down, intermixed with Landon's two year photos we got back late last week:

30...the number of sources I am required to have for my master's closure project I started this week. I'm not going to blog about this very long because it makes my muscles tense, my heart rate sky rocket, and my head swim. I hope I can get through this semester without having a nervous break down.


3...the number of kids at LaVella's everyday now! It was Kelly's first week back at work, so it was Abby's first week at "Vella's." We've been told that Landon is a big helper and loves on his cousin a lot through the day. If there are germs to be shared, we're gonna be sharing them.

21...the number of sleeping bags I had to roll up in 20 minutes in my classroom on Friday. This week was camp out week in first grade and we culminated the unit by having a camp out in our classroom. 21 is also the number of smores I made, the number of flashlights that were shined directly into my face at some point in the day, and the number of toilet paper roll binoculars I stapled together. I had to restaple all 21 at least twice through the day too, so we're talking way more than 21 staples. I was relieved when 3:15 rolled around. Those days are fun, but man do they suck the life out of ya. We also made 21 Barack Obama heads this week. I took a class picture and we're writing a letter to President Obama. The White House is about to be greeted by Mrs. Kutscher's first grade. I'm including a picture of one Obama head. They are super cute. If you're wondering, that's a book of facts about Obama that he's holding onto.


12...the number of deer we spied in our yard at one time late last week. I of course had left my camera at school so didn't capture the moment. Landon's been watching for the "reindeer" to return this week, but we haven't seen all of them. There were four around one day after school, and I snapped one of them, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of the rest of the herd.

0....the number of cavities Chad and I have. We had our teeth cleaned on Wednesday. Something I so look forward to every six months. I'm kidding of course.

4...the number of nights Landon woke up totally p-oed in the middle of the night this week, screaming "Boogies! Boogies! Mommy I have boogies! Daddy! Daddy I have boogies!" We have been running the humidifier now. I guess the kid has a problem with having a crusty nose.

75...Chad's estimation of how many times Landon has watched 101 Dalmations. I think it's fewer than that, but it's up there. See what you think. Please keep in mind the kid has a pretty sharp memory and we don't let him sit in front of the television 6 hours a day or anything.








4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great post! Very creative! It inspires me to be a better blogger...

Have a good week, and if you don't get your five days in, enjoy your snowday!

Bob and LouAnne said...

That camping event sounds fun, in a "very hard on the teacher" kind of way. It reminds me of something we did with our preschoolers on Dad's night - you can imagine singing dads around a fake campfire. Has Landon seen Lady and the Tramp? One of Rob's favorites.

Brooke said...

Hi Megan! I keep up with you on this blog and love seeing your little guy! He's so cute and of course he's super smart. I have tagged you on a fun blog tag. I thought I would let you know.

My blog is:http://bplemons.blogspot.com/

I hope you are all doing well. Have a good week!

Courtney said...

LOVE the pictures! He is so stinkin' cute! I saved them to my computer so I can add him to my screensaver slideshow. Hope you don't mind! Where did you get those taken?