On Saturday, September 13, 2008, we laid our Sony Cyber Shot 4.1 MegaPixel camera to rest. It was a good camera. It served our family well. It traveled the globe and captured several memories that will not soon be forgotten. The cause of its death cannot be determined, but was termed "Memory Stick Error" by the fine folks of Sony and the Official Geek Squad at Best Buy. We'll miss you, faithful friend. In its honor, this week's events will be reported next week, and instead of mourning its loss, we're going to celebrate the many momentous occasions it captured over the past four years, because
we know, that's what it would want us to do.It was there for our honeymoon to Riviera Maya, Mexico. And though the weather was less than enjoyable, it served us well taking indoor pictures and making one outside trip to see the Mayan Ruins. (Those pictures were more for Chad than me. I just remember it was HOT and El Castillo was TALL.) It was also there for our SECOND honeymoon to Negril, Jamaica, which went much better than the first.
It captured Stella's first days as OUR dog...back when I saw her for the lovable snuggly dog she is instead of a shedding, drooling machine who makes my life more difficult each day. Ah. Those were the days.
It was at Kelly and Scott's wedding, and too many others to menti
on.It went with Chad to Germany and saw three World Cup games and Lord knows how much alcohol. We won't go there.
It saw too many Cardinal games to list and was there to capture the highlights of my pregnancy. (yes, I really was THAT big....whew, that makes me tired just looking at that picture....and that wasn't even the END of the pregnancy!)


And then Landon was born, and it really came into its best years of life. Capturing all of his first moments, including his first Halloween and birthday.





And then Landon was born, and it really came into its best years of life. Capturing all of his first moments, including his first Halloween and birthday.



Most recently, it freeze framed arguably one of the most gorgeous men on the face of the planet, my husband, and David Beckham, in Toronto at the MLS All-Star game. And it made its last out of state journey to Gulf Shores with Andy and Sherry.

I think the Byrds (and God really, I mean it came from the Bible originally) said it best when they said,
I think the Byrds (and God really, I mean it came from the Bible originally) said it best when they said,
"To everything, turn, turn, turn.
There is a season, turn, turn, turn.
A time to be born. A time to die....
A time to laugh. A time to weep...."
And so we leave our Sony 4.1 and turn turn turn to our new Sony 7.2 and remember fondly all the moments that we've shared together.

4 comments:
Did Landon say he wanted to read the Fredbird book???? By the one and only Ozzie Smith?!? MY PERFECT CHRISTMAS GIFT HAS BEEN RUINED!!!!!!!!!!!
I, too, caught that remark, but I was hoping that he meant a different Fredbird book - not the one by Ozzie Smith - not the one that Michael was so looking forward to giving him. This is a real melancholy post, what with the camera death, and all.
Yeah, I thought that the Fredbird books must be a series and that Michael probably picked up book #15 - Fredbird Gets a Bath or something...
Waaaa-waaaaaa. Back to the drawing board, Michael.
I agree with Big Lou...kind of a sad, nostalgic post here. We must think of it as a celebration of Sony 4.1's life and find comfort in remembering the good years.
This is the story of my life. I come up with ideas that are dazzling and brilliant, but somewhere else some random person has already had my brilliant idea and executed it long ago. Just the other day I thought, "you know what would be awesome? Someone should really put tiny windshield wipers on car headlights. That would look cool, and be really functional." Then I was walking Oliver later in the day I saw a 1992 Volvo 850 in my neighborhood. Guess what......headlight wipers! Just ridiculous....
Post a Comment