Sunday, March 16, 2008

"No!"...No?...That's right he said, "No."


Hello All! Landon is officially a toddler. Do not be fooled by this angelic smile. After bragging about his extensive vocabulary, which includes all names in our immediate family...(except, "Papa" whom both have been named "Mama" just like our moms), bathtub, bad dog, Lella (our sitter LaVella) play ball, and my personal favorite "HOT DOG!" (as in yipee! not the food), I got what was coming to me. Landon has added another word to his repertoire. "No." Aw, yes. No!


Anything said to Landon in a question form, results in a "no" from him. After being frustrated with this for about three days, Chad (being the wily guy he is) said to me, "Get out the video camera, Babe." And the following dialogue has been videoed and put in safe keeping for future reference.


Chad: "Landon, are you ever going to want Daddy to buy you a car?"

Landon: "No."

Chad: "Landon, are you ever going to break curfew when you get older?"

Landon: "No."

Chad: "Landon, are you EVER going to want to play football in your whole entire life?"

Landon: "No."
Chad: "This one is for your Uncles...Landon, are you EVER going to like the Chicago Cubs?"

Landon: "No." (with his nose wrinkled up)

Then I, thinking I should get in on this myself, cleverly say:

"Landon, will you ever love another girl as much as you love your mommy?"

Landon:__________(silence....blank stare)


That's what I get for trying to be as clever as Chad.


3 comments:

The Mehring's said...

Shenanigans.

Lindsey said...

hahaha...i'm sure it's still cute, even if the answer is always no...

LoKo90 said...

I can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!