Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Move Over All You Bloggers...Here Come the Kutschers

Okay, you've all inspired me to give this a try. After doing a weekly newsletter and a monthly web page for all the parents in my classroom, I got to thinking...I spend more time updating the parents of my students than I do updating my own friends and fam. That's just not right! So I'm learning to blog. Be patient. It will take me awhile to figure out how all this works.

So there are probably just a few people left on the face of the earth who haven't heard about Landon's first real injury. If you've already heard the dramatic story, skip this paragraph...I don't want to bore you. For those of you who haven't: long story short....our child has a temper and for some unknown reason feels the need to bang his head on whatever he can find when he's mad. I am very concerned about this bizarre behavior. (If you have any helpful hints, please let me know. It's very disturbing to have a head banger as a child.) Friday when I picked him up from the sitter, he was mad because he didn't want to go home yet. But instead of just crying, like normal children, he runs over to the steps and bangs his face. He busted his top lip and cut the inside of his mouth. It scared the bee-jeebies out of me because there was blood everywhere. So when you add to his fat scabbed up lip the bruise on his cheek from falling into a chair, the bruise on his chin from falling on an end table, and the bruise on his forehead from falling on the kitchen floor....it's a wonder that DCFS hasn't shown up at 30 Mishawaka Drive and taken Landon to a safer place. So the theme this past week has been: falling and bruising. I guess this is pretty run of the mill stuff for a toddler, but we're new at this. The past week has been traumatic for me.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Welcome to the Blog World. We're so glad you could join us! We've been waiting (insert creepy voice here...)

So sorry to hear about Landon's unfortunate incident! I bet he never does that again.

LoKo90 said...

We are Coach and Mrs. K too!
Good luck taming the toddler!!! The destructive behavior will pass I'm sure. It's just hard on the P's.
Do you know our blogspot?

The Mehring's said...

Wow, now that you've officially logged on to the internets, can I pass all computer related questions on to you?

Please?

Unknown said...

Megan, the head banging is not a problem. It is a true indication that Landon is going to be a Hard Rocker!
Chuck Stortzum

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.