Sunday, May 29, 2016

A Weekend in Chicago


 Chad made his coaching clinic debut as a SPEAKER this winter in Chicago.  We took the boys up with us for a fun weekend away.  While Daddy was doing his presenting, we hung out in the hotel, which makes doing anything more fun.  Here we are coloring and watching some Disney channel.
After Chad finished up we took the boys to the Field Museum.  We had told them where we were going, but we told Landon it was a museum of fields.  You know....corn fields, bean fields, cotton fields.  We really played it out for a few weeks.  What kind of field do you think will be your favorite?  Aren't you excited to go see all the fields?  A day or two before we left, Landon said to me as we were walking up to the school one morning, "Hey Mom.  You know I was thinking, I bet Chicago has lots of museums.  Maybe we could find one that's like a history museum?  You know like the movie Night at the Museum?  Cause I really like that kind of stuff and that would be super fun."  I just played it off....'oh yeah, I'm sure Chicago does have a lot of museums.  We can look into it for another trip up there."  And he just said...'okay.'

So as we're walking up the sidewalk into the entrance of the Field Museum, Landon says, "Hey, did you know there's a museum here in Chicago that has the largest dinosaur ever found, and her name is Sue."  And as we open the door, there she is.  Sue.   I say, "Yeah....I've heard that.  About Sue."  And then he sees Sue and realizes we've been kidding him this whole time.
 After seeing Sue we went into the Ancient Egypt display, which Landon really enjoyed...but Grant did not.  He was really clingy and wanted to be carried.  It was dark and had some tight spaces.  Safe to say Grant didn't care for the Egyptians.
 He recovered once we moved onto other areas of the museum.  :)  


No comments: