Wednesday night Michael came in from Michigan. We spent some time at the Cox house and then came home to tackle this bird, that we lovingly named Leonardo. The turkey was kind of a stressful event for me. I've never fixed a turkey before and pretty much quizzed everyone I came into contact with about every detail of how to cook it. I'm sure everyone who sees me on a regular basis will be glad that it's over so I stop asking them questions.
All I can say is THANK GOODNESS I'm married to a man who's not afraid to get his hands dirty...and stick them up in a bird carcass. I was nearly gagging. Michael and Chad talking strategy below.
and posing with Leo. Poor bird. How humiliating.
We brined old Leo. After he soaked all night we got him out of the brine, rinsed him and put him in the roaster. Landon was excited to see and wanted to be up on the counter. So I perched him on the counter, camera in hand and he busted out this pose instead of a smile. Immediately after the flash, he said, 'I am DEFINITELY. NOT. eating that.' Blog worthy moment for certain.
No comments:
Post a Comment