
We were in St. Louis Friday morning to see Landon's new 'late effects' team for the first time. The morning started off with a bang since Chad and I both shut OFF our alarms instead of hitting the snooze and I woke up at 7:30....AND his appointment was at 10:00. Sweet. UGH!!!! Grant had breathing treatments to do all day the day before and we were wondering if one of us was going to need to stay home with him, but he slept through the night fine so we decided to all go. We got ready pretty darn quick (for us ;) and were headed down in no time. I think Chad enjoyed the challenge because there were several references made to Talladega Nights on the drive down....and Landon was saying "slingshot, engage" in his best southern accent. Poor buddy wasn't feeling too well when we finally made it down...car sick. He gagged as we were exiting the interstate and when we were pulling into Children's he did a full out throw up...but was so good that he cupped his hand over his mouth and held it IN HIS MOUTH until we could get pulled over. I was impressed (and grossed out at the same time) After he threw up he felt much better, but was white as a ghost for awhile. I think part of it was he was riding on an empty stomach because of his scans. He was a trooper though and took Little Guy and his new friend from school Froggy in for his ultrasound and xray.

After his ultrasound and xray we had some lunch in the cafeteria to kill some time. His appointment wasn't until 12:30 so I called up to the 9th floor to see if we could get our lab work done first. They said, no that's not the 'order they do things' so we hung out by the ball machine which is pretty cool. And here's Little Guy and Froggy who were posed by Landon to watch. Cute.
We met up with our new peeps on 9 at 12:30 and found out that even though this was our first six month visit, we'd be coming back again in three months....for another CT scan....which Landon was already told that he was finished with. Can't wait to deliver that news. Then one nurse said we'd have lab work done and the other nurse came in and said no lab work....and then we left there with me feeling like I had zero confidence in their opinions as medical professionals because it seemed like they were not communicating with each other let alone us. We miss Dr. Anim. The end. (of the medical part of the trip)
Then because it was a nice day and because we were going to see our friends the Brunners later, we went to the zoo for awhile. They have this awesome new sea lion exhibit, too! Complete with an underground tunnel. Very cool! Wish I would've grabbed the video camera and put it in my pocket too, but I left it in the car. Dern.

We saw some other animals, too of course. But the sea lions were my favorite by far. They've got personality!

I left my camera in the car at the Brunner house, dern it again....and Sherry and I were so busy talking that it didn't even cross my mind to take a pic of the kids together. Next time! We made it home at bed time....and yesterday I stayed in my jammies until bedtime when I took a shower and put on different jammies. Don't be fooled though...I may have had jammies on but I was working my tail off trying to file papers, unbury our kitchen,....ugh, you don't need the details. It wasn't thrilling. :)
Something worth mentioning though is that Grant is starting to pretend play a little more, which I find very enjoyable. Here he is with his 'beebee lion' who needed a blanket because it was cold. So I wrapped it up and they sat in the laundry basket together. After I took his picture, he shushed me...that's the second picture. Adorable!

All in all, I realize I need to be thankful I have two healthy children and not be too rattled by this one not up to par doctor's visit. Sometimes, and especially lately, I have a hard time putting things in perspective and realizing how blessed we are. At least we're entering the Thanksgiving season, and hopefully with all the Thanksgiving events I will have thankfulness shoved down my throat enough that I'll get over myself. ;) Sigh. I'm tired folks. Life as a mom, wife, and teacher is overwhelming to me sometimes....I may need more than one day in my jammie pants to cure this I'm afraid. :) Time to suck it up, put on my big girl pants and get through parent teacher conferences this week....PLUS we have a relaxing weekend ahead. Chad and I are headed to Chicago without the boys. Yippee!! Maybe a little eating, drinking, shopping therapy will snap me out of my funk! I know one thing...I'm giving it my best effort!!!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment