Oddly enough, Landon has had tasting pumpkin pie for the first time on his mind since right after the holidays last year. I'm not sure what planted the seed, but he's mentioned it several times. I told him last time he brought it up that it wouldn't be long before pumpkin pie would be 'in season' again and he was super pumped to see that Grandma had pumpkin pies on the counter when we made a quick trip home this past weekend.
I have to say the end result was just as I suspected, but it took much longer to get there than I had thought.

We captured video, but didn't leave it rolling long enough. He 'liked it!' but it didn't last long. Here's what was left on his plate. I AM however impressed that he actually TRIED it. I'm still going to call it a victory.

Meanwhile, Grant gave Grandma and Grandpa a little lesson on the iPad.
On the trip down we made a quick stop at Shelbyville Wal-Mart and picked up these two beauts. Landon named them Pat and Jack.
Neither of them were much into actually carving the pumpkins...don't know why I was surprised. Mom and I managed okay without their help though...(well as long as you don't count points off for knocking out a jack-o-lantern tooth during mouth extraction...that was me)

The next day we stopped by Grandma Linda's, had some KFC, and did some raking and playing in the leaves. The boys had a ton of fun...Landon never really got into playing in the leaves when our yard was covered in them before we moved to our new house. I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. It definitely must be true, because I didn't mind combining those leave piles into big ones and re-raking them for safe jumping sake one bit. Knowing it's not your yard to deal with makes it more enjoyable I guess.
I got several cute pictures of Landon, but Grant was ON THE MOVE and wasn't having any posing what so ever.
I did get this cute one though of him meticulously picking the leaves off his sweater.
Sure was good to FINALLY see all the Grandmas and Grandpas in the Effy area. It had been TOO long. Luckily, the holidays are just around the corner!!
No comments:
Post a Comment