Last weekend Heather and Ben tied the knot. Hence the 'dum dum da dum' title. The Kutscher crew (minus Daddy Kutscher) all got dressed in the back seat of the Yukon en route to the wedding. I purposely wore layers to the McKendree parade that would allow for such a change. But still, tinted windows are a pretty nifty invention. We arrived with time to spare (enough for Chad to run in the restroom of the church and change) and then abracadabra we went from parade onlookers to sharp dressed wedding guests.
Not as sharply dressed as these little girls though....you probably recognize that one on the left. She was taking her duties pretty seriously....and was adorable. And pathetically the following picture is the only one I have of the lovely couple. (failure Megan....sad, sad, sad)
Good lookin' couple, eh? (hold on, coupleS I meant!)
And speaking of good lookin'......check out these handsome men...and pretty girls.
We had a room at the reception hall locale, so that was super sweet. We unloaded all of our stuff, got to take a few pics, and even had time to freshen up a little before the reception. I know, crazy right, that I would feel like I needed freshening up after getting dressed in the back seat of our vehicle. Psssshhh.
But after the 'freshening' here's a prom pose taken by Landon
And some super cute ones of the kids...There's a conversation happening here:
Landon: Hey, Abby, guess what I can do?
Abby: What?
Landon: watch (he snaps his fingers and is super impressed with himself)
Abby looks at him and snaps her fingers too
And then Landon says as I'm snapping this picture:
"Let me get this straight. YOU are in daycare, and YOU can snap? And I am in kindergarten and I just learned how."
Abby responds, "ummmm you can call my daycare preschool. It's not daycare. "
L.O.L.
Okay, we finally had enough picture taking in the hotel rooms and headed down to party it up with the lovely couple.
Any good wedding reception has Legos involved....fyi.
....oh, AND iPhones.
and don't forget dancing!
And then the morning after....a WHOLE LOT of kids in Grandpa and Grandma's room scrounging for snacks and drinks.
After we left the hotel we visited Aunt Lori, Kaid, and Baleigh and like an idiot I didn't take pictures there either...and Facebook can't save me on this one. Dern.
We had Monday off, THANK GOODNESS. And I had to document my two little Linuses waiting in the laundry room for their blankets to come out of the dryer.
I'm also putting this picture on to remind me that one day I'm going to miss this....but right now when he's climbing in bed with us and rooting me to the edge at 3:30a.m. I'm not as nostalgic about it. Gosh is he cute though.
And while I'm writing things that are currently driving me crazy that I will one day miss, let me add to the list:
*the daily arguments over the robot (or as Grant calls it the 'au bot') plate at meal time
*hearing my name called 136 times between the hours of 4:00 and 8:30
*the moment when Chad and I just sit down to eat and someone has to have something that very second
*walking through the house and stepping on those bless-ed baseball, hockey, and soccer guys that are all over our house, and very pointy I might add
and lastly
*brushing teeth and bath time...sigh.
Okay, thank you for listening to my small rant. (And Lord, please give me patience and help me enjoy these things...Amen)


1 comment:
Love the part about the daycare/preschool conversation. Too cute!! Great blog Megan!
Post a Comment