Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Under-Rated Spring Break Destinations: Hord, Illinois


Spring break!! Our first order of business....a trip to Hord. :) Beautiful weather...and I mean BEAUTIFUL...like I almost turned the air conditioning on, it was 80 degrees in our house, beautiful. We did some swinging, and tried out Papa's new lawn mower. We didn't want Grandma to start it up though.

We read some stories...well some of us read, some of us listened, and some of us just passed out!

















We talked to Daddy on the phone since had a soccer tournament in Belleville and didn't make the trip.

We saw Grandpa Forrest and Grandma Ruth....





...and when Papa came home we had some driving lessons. Grant was all over riding the tractor, so of course Landon had to step up to the plate and pull his fingers out of his ears and give it a try. One of us took our driving lesson VERY seriously. See that
furrowed brow?

And we saw Uncle John, Aunt Rhonda, Grandma Linda, Aunt Kae, Aunt Lori, and our favorite big cousin, Baleigh. Well she's a BIG cousin to two of us and a big, little cousin to one of us. It's funny how when I was little Aunt Lori was the cool older one who played Play-Doh, dress up, school, video games, and outside with me. Now, Baleigh is that to my boys. Funny how things like that work out. AND she's pretty cool to me too...I mean who else has a cousin who knows how to do zebra stripes on nails?! Love you Bay!

No comments: