Larry's a free man! (free from working that is) He joined the ranks of the retired at the end of March and we couldn't be happier for him...and frankly for us either because turns out day 1 of retirement he could've been wearing a superhero cape as far as we were concerned since we went down a baby-sitter at 7:35. I called him on my way to their house and said something like, "I know you said we can bring them over anyday... hope you meant it, cause I'm on my way right now." He was of course happy to do it...and the boys were PUMPED to hear they were going to spend the day with Papa!
And of course we had to celebrate such a joyous occasion with a party! We had quite the little family and friend shindig at the Motor Boat Club out at the lake and had perfect weather for it, too. 

We decked the kids out in these perfect and adorable "I Love Grandpa" t-shirts (which by the way came from OldNavy.com...and they have other family members, too if you're wondering). We also put together a little video of the
We decked the kids out in these perfect and adorable "I Love Grandpa" t-shirts (which by the way came from OldNavy.com...and they have other family members, too if you're wondering). We also put together a little video of the
kids talking about Larry's retirement....and by 'we' I mean, Scott did after I wrote up the questions. Nice work on that Uncle Stallion. ;) I'm going to try to post it on here, too, but have hit a snafu and will put it on as its own post if I figure it out.
The kids were troopers the whole night. We were up super late! Landon's had horrible allergies lately, as you can tell from that pitiful picture where his eyes look awful! And Grant made it til after 10 without that binky in his mouth. At 10 I let him have it...he'd done his part. About 10 minutes later he joined Abby on side by side folding chairs and crashed. Soo cute.
Happy Retirement Larry! You've earned some time to enjoy the things you've worked for!
No comments:
Post a Comment