Valentine's Day was pretty anti-climatic here. I guess that's what happens when you're old...and it's on a Monday. :) By the time the real day had gotten here, we'd already done all of our celebrating. The party at school was on Friday and that Saturday Chad and I left the boys with Larry and Chris and went out for an adult dinner...which we no longer take for granted. I had forgotten the stage that Grant is in...You know the one, arching the back because they don't want to sit in the high chair, clearing EVERYTHING from the table within their reach, throwing food, yelling and making people turn their heads and look at you like you're the worst parents in the world and you're ruining their evening. That one. A few weeks ago we were in La Fiesta for dinner and everything I just listed there happened. We managed to pull the jumbo peach margarita that Chad
and I were sharing out of Grant's grip before he was wearing it. He squealed. He threw crayons. Landon managed to knock my bag (which does not close....uh, yeah) off the booth seat three times...spilling all of it's contents on the floor underneath our table. It was crowded and the people sitting next to us were practically seated at our table. I felt sorry for them. Before we left, I was sweating, and Chad and I were reminded of why we get take out so much. He'll be out of this stage before we know it, but until then, our dinners "out" as a family won't be so frequent. So ON Valentine's Day we picked up a heart shaped pepperoni pizza from Papa Murphy's...which by the way Springfield....was only SIX bucks and it was DELICIOUS. That's a steal. That's all I'm sayin....and we enjoyed it in the comfort of our home where Grant's table manners didn't matter. Here's a video to show is manners in action. We're trying so hard to get him to say, "all done" but he just does this growly grunt thing instead. Geesh. He has mastered "cheese" when he sees a camera though.
Landon had his Valentine party at school on Tuesday, the day AFTER
Valentine's Day. It was also pajama day. Here he is with his Valentine bag. Last weekend Mom, Dad, Michael, and Grandma and Grandpa came up for the day on Saturday. We haven't seen them since Christmas! We had a fun day of relaxing. Us girls did a little shopping. Landon picked up his new favorite hobby: cleaning the glass around the house. How funny is that?
I'm lovin' it!
Uncle Michael spent the night and gave a riveting performance of a bedtime story that neither Chad nor I will be able to read now because we won't be able to do it justice. The narrator was Ron Burgundy inspired and the characters (all bears) had lovely English accents. Landon was cracking up the entire story. After it was over, he was ready for Michael to read an enorm
ous stack of books, but I stepped in and saved him. Thanks for making the trip up, Fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment