Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pickled WHAT?!

Aww!! Look at our handsome boy! He's really been dishing out the smiles this week. I'm extremely angry with myself right now, because I had planned on putting up a picture of Landon at this age underneath this photo, but being the clumsy oaf I am, I knocked the external hard drive off the kitchen counter and it won't open any of the pictures saved on it. I'm not in tears over it yet, because I haven't given up getting to the info on there, but I AM NOT HAPPY. We had family pictures taken this afternoon, and Grant wasn't nearly this smiley. Can't really be that disappointed though. He is only two months old. He wasn't disagreeable by any means, so I should just be thankful for that.

So this has been another busy week here! I had something to do EVERYDAY this week. I mean I showered and brushed my teeth EVERYDAY this week! Woo-hoo, me! (Hope that doesn't gross you out...I seriously shower and brush my teeth everyday, this week I just did it in a more timely manner...aka before Chad got home from work) Big news of the week though, is that Landon is starting preschool this week! Last Thursday he and I went to check out his new school and meet his teachers and classmates. He was pretty clingy, but was talking quite a bit about it once we left and the rest of the evening. I'm hopeful this week will go well. He'll be going on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons for two hours. I'm so glad that it's worked out that he can start now, since I'm home on leave and can take him and pick him up for the first few weeks. That way I won't be driving any friend who's gracious enough to transport him with all kinds of questions about how his first days went. So next week I'll have some "first day of school" pics for you. Michael and I were talking tonight though, and we don't think this really qualifies as THE first day of school. I think the criteria for that should be paired with the opportunity to ride a school bus...not that any of my kids will do that since I work in the building, but ya know what I mean.










Although I say we had a busy week, I don't really have anything to blog about, short of our little cousin Julia's 6th birthday party. I would put up a picture of the birthday girl, but I was in charge of her mom's camera during the cake festivities. I do have this great picture of Abby though, trying to share her cantaloupe with her Auntie. :)
Last week, Lindsey put up a post of five things she loves right now and posed the question to other bloggers of five things they love. Here's my list at the moment:
1. Grant's Pacifier. I love the person who invented pacifiers. Its an ingenius invention. I was intrigued about where it came from, so I googled it. Pacifiers have been around since 2000 B.C....but get this, the first ones were made of pickled cows teats. EEEEEWW! So perhaps I should list on here as one of my other favorite things: RUBBER!
2. Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Without these, Stella and I would be at odds....even more than we already are. I had my fellow first grade teachers over for lunch on Friday, and went through two Magic Erasers cleaning up Stella druel, slime, and face marks off the walls, cabinets, anything within her level. You get the idea.
3. Elastic. Can I just say how much I love sweat pants?....and for my number 4, the thing that's going to get me out of my sweatpants...
4. The Firm DVDs. These work out DVDs are a perfect balance of weight training and aerobics. I used them after Landon and have started using them this week. We'll see how long it takes for results. I know I've only done two work outs, but I feel better already. I may not be able to walk tomorrow, but I'm on the road to recovery.
5. The Today Show. I'm officially addicted to Today on NBC. I watch it every morning, or it's at least on in the background....as it is in this little video clip. :)



1 comment:

Gina Taylor said...

Little Grant is so adorable!!!!!