We have smiles!! Grant's started smiling this week. It still may technically be gas I guess, but he's definitely more reactive to voices and people cooing at him. Here's the first smile we've captured in photo. He's really starting to try to hold his head up when you hold him up on your shoulder, too. So fun! He's starting not to be a knotted up ball of teeny tiny brand new baby! And speaking of brand new baby, Grant's soon to be best buddy (besides his brother) was born Saturday! Our cousins Brian and Sara are now the proud parents of Caleb William, who ironically only weighed one ounce less than Grant. See! They already have something in common (well, besides being born into the same wonderful family of course). Here's a little video of Grant. Not that eventful...just some goo-ing and flapping of arms. But you haven't seen him in video for awhile, and I don't want to deprive you.
Landon's had a big week with the potty. He's doing super well doing his business like a big boy. He was doing well at home last week, but elsewhere was not into the potty idea. This week he went potty when we went to visit Grandma Marilyn in Continued Care. He even did a #1 standing up. That's big time!! He's done well at Vella's too and conquered his fear of doing a #2 anywhere but home. I hope I'm not divulging too many details for you, but this is big time exciting for us....and for Landon. :) So we promised Landon awhile ago when he started using the potty we'd take him to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time. We decided to surprise him Saturday night and take him. Turns out...he wasn't too pumped at the beginning of our visit. Here he is....he's covering his eyes because he didn't want to see Chuck E. WHAT?! He was so pumped about going when he saw it on TV! What the heck? He warmed up and had a hum-dinger of a time playing the games. However, there were quite a few tears at the be
ginning and the end of the outing....top that with the level of disgusting-ness of the restaurant (ground up pizza in the carpet, not a clean table in the joint), the herds of unsupervised children running everywhere, and the apathetic parents screaming at their children from their booths and the evening was far from "fun." I think this picture of Abby pretty much sums it up. She was mad because mean old Grandpa (Just kidding Larry...I mean that sarcastically) took her out of a car she was riding in when it shut off.

I think it's safe to say it'll be AWHILE before we head to Chuck E. Cheese again. Here's Landon playing some skee ball though. Whatever works, right?

Earlier in the week we had dinner with our friends the Freys. Here' s a picture of our two and their four on the couch. Which brings me to another "improvement" I would like to add to my list for 2010...spend more time with friends that we don't see often enough.One more person I should add to this entry that isn't smiling....Chad, who got his hair cut on Saturday, and well uh....it's not that hot of a cut. If you see Chad bopping around town this week or next, he may be sporting a hat, and you'll know why. I'm just thankful that this disaster will have time to correct itself before our family pictures in two weeks.
So we've got Grant smiling and Chad and Landon not. As for me...well I'm smiling for now. Chad's gotten up with Grant the last two nights and given him a bottle, so I'm getting pretty close to feeling rested. Little Grant even decided to be easy on Daddy and sleep for five hours straight last night and four hours the night before, when the previous two nights he didn't go to bed until almost 2:00 and woke up at 5:00 and 7:00. HUH. Let's just say, I'm going to go from smiling to NOT really quickly if little man doesn't cut mama a break like that really soon.
1 comment:
Oh Megan! Your blogs always make me smile. Thanks for just being you. 8-)
By the way, stinkin' Cellular One erased all my contacts so I don't have either of your numbers. Yeah, I know, I should've had some kinda back-up in place...especially since this is the second time they've done it. :-[ I e-mailed you about possibly coming up to see you guys. Hopefully, it was the right e-mail address.
Hope to see you soon! Thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment