Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Magic!


We've had a busy week here! We met Baby Caleb for the first time, and boy is he a cutie! He was even smiling in his hospital picture. He's absolutely adorable. I thought it'd be great to get a picture of Landon holding him and Grant both, one in each arm, but as of late, anything that we want Landon to do that's our idea, doesn't happen. What the heck is going on? It's like the kid turned three and all of a sudden he's Mr. I Make My Own Decisions and You're Not Going to Tell Me What to Do. I know that's a long name, but it's fitting. Example: tonight he wanted a snack 20 minutes after dinner, so I told him no, he just had dinner, that he could have a snack after his bath. He argued with me, and wouldn't let it go. After I swatted his tush, he glared at me and said, "I'm wiping that off." (meaning he was wiping off the spanking) He went to his room after that for a few minutes. Sigh. We've got our work cut out for us. For the first time, Chad and I are having conversations about parenting. They usually happen when Landon is sitting in his room, waiting for one of us to come get him. We're making the game plan as we go. Maybe I need to add us to the People to Pray for list....we may need some divine intervention here to tame this argumentative streak.


On Sunday, we went to the Magic House in St. Louis. Landon had an appointment down there Monday morning, so we decided to go early and do one of Landon's favorite things....stay in a hotel. For some reason, he gets VERY excited about staying in Ho-tels. (he says it with an accent on the ho). The lead picture is him and Grant hanging out on the bed together. They have been spending a lot more time on the floor together this week. We have a little turtle head who's very interested in what his brother is doing, and a big brother who's very interested in showing lots of things to his little brother. It's a good combo. Here's a picture of them earlier this week at our house. Lots of pictures like this lately.

So, back to the Magic House...

Landon had a great time. There were tons of things to see and do. Some of Landon's favorites: changing the tires on a pretend car, fishing in as pond, catching a fish (fishing lure type thingy), releasing it upstream and following it back to the pond, meeting Curious George, playing on the slides and indoor playground, and being on TV while giving a presidential address.


In other "magical" news: Grant is rolling over! We thought it was a fluke, but he does it almost every time you put him on his tummy. He's getting pretty strong. I had to include this picture of him peeking over Daddy's shoulder. He also slept last night from 10 p.m. to 6 this morning! ALLLLLLRIGHT! Too bad Landon was up at 1 and 3:30. Sigh.



Chad was also super excited this week to sample his first batch of homemade brew. You may recall he got a home beer brewing kit for Christmas. Here he is holding his first glass...before he sampled it. I should've tsken an "after the si picture, because it would've been more entertaining. Apparently, the brew wasn't quite ready afterall.
I haven't put on a Landon quote of the week for awhile, but I have a good one from tonight. I'm not really into reality TV so much, but saw the premiere of The Biggest Loser this season and have been watching it. Landon gad out his Uno Moo game this evening and had the characters divided up by colors. He was playing "Last Chance Work Out" and encouraging the different color teams. Nice.
Three videos for you this week: Grant rolling over, Landon "reading" Thomas, and a naked camera man!










No comments: