Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Nose is Not Good!


Happy Mother's Day everyone! We've had a busy week and weekend. Things have been complicated by a nasty cold that Landon and I have shared. It all came to a head on Friday evening and early Saturday morning. Mom and Dad came up and spent the night....although no one got much sleep. Landon got up at 11:45 or so and was up until past 2:00. He was crying and going on and on about his cold. Direct quotes from the wee hours of the morning:





"My nose is not good! My nose is not good!" "My nose is not working." "I don't want this nose." If it wouldn't have been 2 a.m. this would've been way more entertaining, but I believe everyone in the house was chuckling at his misery at some point. I told him that his nose was bad because he kept crying. The next day when I told him my nose wasn't good either, he told me it was because I kept crying. :) He's got a memory, this boy.


Other memorable Landon quotes from the week/weekend:



Upon throwing a ball across the room and knocking the phone off the end table, I told him that we don't throw in the house. He wrinkled up his forehead and said, "We only kick in the house? We only kick in the house." (which we have let him do...but will need to be stopping in the immediate future as well)



He grabbed my face and told me to "shut up" one day this week. I told him that was a bad word, and we don't tell anyone that. I then told him to go wash his hands in the bathroom. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and said "whatever." I immediately covered my face with my hands because I didn't want him to see me cracking up. Then he says, "cry like a baby" and walks into the bathroom. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SWEET BOY?!

After crying because Stella knocked him down over bubbles again this weekend, he said to mom, "Could you pleased wipe some of my cryin' off." (tears off his cheeks)


Sigh. 2 year olds are funny.


Dad and Chad did some wiring work in the kitchen this weekend, too. I'd add pictures, but they're pretty boring. Just some outlets moved up to counter top height and the relocated stove. It's progress though....and after finding two empy liquor bottles and a questionable video entitled "Uber Babes" in the ceiling of our basement, I'd say it's at least blog mentioning worthy.

I got a sweet Mother's Day gift today.....besides getting an entirely new kitchen, a hummingbird feeder, and a few new potted plants, I also got a groovy hot pink iPod and docking station with speakers for the new kitchen. I tell ya, these boys around here spoil me.

We'll be heading to Effingham next weekend, so more pictures next week of Mother's Day happenings there. Here's a short video of Landon "golfing" today. He's got a wicked swing. Watch your shins.

No comments: