Sunday, May 18, 2008

Springtime, BATHTIME!


Hello, faithful blog readers! It's been a very busy, yet uneventful week at the Kutschers...if that makes sense. Soccer is winding down, which means Coach is in play-off mode. Tomorrow is the big game that determines whether the girls make it to the state tournament. Landon has been practicing, "Go, Girls!" and "Yay Rockets!" for the occasion. Mrs. K. is trying to get herself in packing mode, but because of the aforementioned play-off mode, has been unsuccessful. (Well, I've packed one box at school, but considering how much I have to pack, I'm deeming my efforts unsuccessful.) It's really difficult to pack with 18 children chriping "Mrs. Kootcha, Mrs. Kootcha" all the livelong day. Can you sense my frustration?


While Chad's been on the go this weekend doing practices and Bill's bachelor party, Landon and I enjoyed a productive weekend at home. We worked outside in the yard (and by "we" I mean I worked in the yard and Landon dug in the rocks, dirt, and kicked the soccer ball around the yard...that's work for a 16 month old) We also cleaned up downstairs, baked cookies, went shopping for a dress for me to wear for the upcoming Kehlenbrink/Zobrist wedding (another unsuccessful endeavor), and we went to church.


One special event worth mentioning that always marks the official beginning to warm weather... Stella got her first outside bath of the spring season yesterday. And let me just say, that boy was it overdue. We'd been holding out, because I HATE cleaning the tub when she's done. It seems like there's hair in that stinkin' thing for a month after her bath and then it's time for another. So yesterday was the first time Landon has witnessed the circus that is Stella's outside bath. For those of you who have the privilege to know Stella, you are well aware that, well, um, how do I say this politely without hurting her feelings...her center of gravity is a bit on the low side. However, when the hose is turned on, Stella becomes this amazing super dog, gliding through the air, and going just bonkers over the water. (okay, maybe not gliding, but she gets up) Landon, like us the first time we saw Stella do this, was extremely entertained. He laughed and laughed and was jumping around the yard and clapping. He was all about it. So he decided he wanted to get in on the action, but when he got wet, he decided maybe it wasn't all that fun. (as is evident in the picture) Being the cruel mother I am, I snapped a picture for the blog before consoling him. :)

On the topic of cruelness and consoling, while Chad was starting Stella's bath I told him to look at Landon (since the kid was jumpin' around like a fool) and while he was looking up, Stella bit him on the thumb. She was trying to get the hose of course, but I did snap a picture right in the midst of his screaming. And then instead of consoling him, I was looking at the picture and laughing. I thought you'd enjoy this rare split second moment that I managed to actually capture. I tried to zoom it for you, so you'd get more of the effect, but I'm not that savvy. It's still funny. He's okay of course. No blood or anything. That wouldn't be funny. After Stella had her bath, it was much easier to enjoy her presence. She needed a little help with that since she's pooped on the floor this week, tore into a bag of peanuts and spread shells all over the kitchen floor, and then threw up the peanuts downstairs. Needless to say with all of that, she hasn't been on my good list. This picture though moved her at least to the sub section of the list. These two are just the best of buds.
Until next week, TTFN. (Ta-ta for now...a quote from another good pal of Landon's, Tigger, or "moing-moing" as he calls him...that's Landon speak for "boing boing" since that's the noise Tigger makes.)

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Well, it's hard to concentrate on a prayer list when you're getting all fired up about pants-kicking :)